VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Re: Getting New Wheels Need some Input..... (JustinTheGIMP)

BBS are probably 3x the price too
Just get rid of that Enkei center cap

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Get ATS if you must save the moneys, keep it in the family, no race traiting

·
Banned
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Thrasher)

I checked out the ATS but didnt find anything close to the color scheme im after ....dont really want to go Enkei but the price is right ...I would love to slap some BBS wheels but the price is up there.
But if theyre going to look tacky....or ricey i dont want to do it

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Re: (Thrasher)

I think they are Enkeis....
If you do get them, replace that center cap with something else.
Oh, and for pete's sake, get a wheel that is all one color. Apparently the manufacturers of that wheel thought it was two-piece.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Re: (FreddyInAz)

Quote, originally posted by FreddyInAz »
Isnt that the point of gunmetal with a Machined Lip?
I thought the Lip was supposed to stand out.
looks wrong on a one-piece wheel since there really is no "lip". Just think of it as putting a type r badge on a ford contour. It's just trying to be something it isnt, and thats tacky.

·
Banned
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Kellum)

True I do see that they are one Piece! didnt notice that theystill look clean. Any other suggestions on a gunmetal wheel with a machined lip. Looking to spend about $1200 by the time i get wheels and tires.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts

True I do see that they are one Piece! didnt notice that theystill look clean. Any other suggestions on a gunmetal wheel with a machined lip. Looking to spend about $1200 by the time i get wheels and tires.
gunmetal + machined lip = has to be two piece if youre trying to avoid looking tacky or ricey.
Look on the vortex classifieds and get something nice thats a lil' used.

·
Banned
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (leftcoastvw)

I Was looking at other wheels and found some Volks for like $490 a piece BBS $350 a pop! DTM's for like 450 for 2 piece to $600 a pop for 3 piece ....but damn those wheels are so Sweeeeet! Not sure what to do might Hold off and spend the Big Bucks on a set i might keep for more than 4 months.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Kellum »
gunmetal + machined lip = has to be two piece if youre trying to avoid looking tacky or ricey.
Look on the vortex classifieds and get something nice thats a lil' used.

John, shut up. They look fine, they do not look ricey.
Freddy, don't listen to John, he's not the wheel police - he has no idea. BTW, what did you do with the chrome rollers?

·
Banned
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (.:R Black Sunshine)

Quote, originally posted by .:R Black Sunshine »

BTW, what did you do with the chrome rollers?

I sold them to a buddy who was drueling all over them they weren't cutting it for me. They were really nice but it just wasn't me.I was actually just thinking about you isnt it time you get rid of some wheels again?

·
Registered
13,256 Posts

I sold them to a buddy who was drueling all over them they weren't cutting it for me. They were really nice but it just wasn't me.I was actually just thinking about you isnt it time you get rid of some wheels again?

Check the FS thread

·
Banned
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (.:R Black Sunshine)

Damn!
Let me check the stash and see whats up those are nice .....
will you just start selling me all your Old Stuff?.....J/k

·
Registered
11,846 Posts

John SHUT UP. In my intire life I have never heard anyone with so much opinion and so little hands on experience. Your posts make me want to find away to permanently destroy the existence of internet just so I never accidently come across the **** you spew online ever again.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
Re: (Demon_Dub)

Quote, originally posted by Demon_Dub »
John SHUT UP. In my intire life I have never heard anyone with so much opinion and so little hands on experience. Your posts make me want to find away to permanently destroy the existence of internet just so I never accidently come across the **** you spew online ever again.

Wow dude, are laser-beams shooting out of your eyes right now? I mean I agree, but that's some venomous stuff right there

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.