VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i'm getting ready for new dimensions this weekend, its my first show i've showed at. give me some tips please. i'm not looking to win but i want to do my best. plus its also quite far away (6 hour-ish drive) where should i put all my luggage and junk? thanks guys. here is a pic of my car for views.

p.s. i'm going to detail my car thursday, what would be the best way to clean it off again before the show? wash it? or like quick detailer?

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Re: getting ready for my first show - tips por favor (Mr.Bungle)

u can get one of those duster things to wipe it quick when u get there, also clean the rims when u get there, not thursday, why dont you just go down there early so u can wash it down there right before the show?

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: getting ready for my first show - tips por favor (1SickWhtDub)

well i have good stuff for the wheels, i can clean those thursday and then spruce em up sunday before the show. i'm leaving friday and i have access saturday to wash the car etc... if need be, but i'd rather get most of it done here at home before i leave and the saturday afternoon just touch it up, but if i wax it and such on thursday then wash it saturday will i need to rewax or what? i've always been lazy about detailing haha then i go on 5 hour binges

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
pimp that **** out on thrusday.. quick detailer on friday saturday and sunday before the show, and also wipe down the wheels every day before the show so god forsaken brake dust doesnt hinger your blangin-ness

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (der.gegner)

excellent i will do that then. i may need to buy another bottle of quick detail, maybe try the nxt booster shiz. thanks dude.
now as far as at the show, where can i put all my stuff? what do i want to do for when they judge? do i need to be there when they judge etc...?

·
Registered
275 Posts

6 hr. drive?!?!?! try to find a friend with a truck and a trailer, and get a big sheet to tie down over it.....if not, wash and wax it b4 you leave so you have it waxed then wash it again and detail it at the show.......if you have pictures of your car moving, getting worked on, etc., get them and set them up nice in the hatch area and leave it open......polish the rims at the show, and try to get some nice mirrors to set on the ground next to your wheels while it's being shown off.....if you can get your hands on a lot of that fake polyester cotton, grab it and put it all around the bottom of your car.....keep all the bottles of stuff you wash your car with to put infront of your lip, along with as much red bull your willing to buy
........if you have any idea's on something to put under the hood, like a stuffed toy or something briing it........thats all i can think of

Modified by Simsrider667 at 6:22 PM 5-17-2004

·
Registered
17,655 Posts
Re: getting ready for my first show - tips por favor (Simsrider667)

bring a fold out chair and pack all your stuff into bags that you can move easily. just throw the bags outside your car when you get to the show area, bust out the chair and just enjoy the day

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: getting ready for my first show - tips por favor (Simsrider667)

woah thats a bit over the top man haha i'm not going to HIN. fold out chair is a definate must haha i'm just hoping like if i walk around the show no one will jack my shiz, or should i just put it back in the car after the judges come by? this show is definately going to be simple since i'm like late on deciding that i'm going to show, and i know i'm not going to place but i want it to look nice. should i make like a little thing with my mods listed or something of that nature?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts

Pack lightly with all your luggage that can be moved around easily, and that doesn't take up much space.
Get some sort of tote to carry all of your detailing products that doesn't take up much space, and that you can move around easily as well.
Bring folding chairs. They are a must.
Any sort of display always helps that lists mods and what not. Don't underdo it with just a list of mods...Try to incorporate pictures and the like.
Cleanliness is the name of the game. Take time to clean the jambs extra good, the engine bay is key, that needs to be as spotless as possible. Take an extra hour or 2 to clean your wheel wells out. Anything that puts you over the top than the next guy helps big time.
If you aren't present when the judges come around (I always try to be around when they are just to answer questions if they have any) make sure your trunk/hatch/hood/doors are open or cracked so they can at least see in them, make sure your mod list is visible also. Anything they can't see doesn't count. Don't try to become best friends with the judge...Coming from a judge (myself) they have a lot of cars to look over, and the last thing they need is a chatterbox!

Lastly, don't forget to have fun over anything else. You aren't there to win...You are there to support VW's. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,944 Posts

What about some of that painters tape crap that people put on the front? Might keep your car free from bugs (besides your windshield, of course).

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: getting ready for my first show - tips por favor (SoLo2pointO)

word, thanks. i'm not going to pop my hood, nothing to see under there

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
hmm.. is it too late to enter? damn finals this week till friday! ARGH!! not enough time to prepare so i'm undecided if i'm going to attend or not.
but there should nothing much to worry about... maybe a bottle of that meguiars spray on shine for your car, or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Be really euro, get it detailed and right before you enter the show drive it through a puddle of mud.
werd.

·
Banned
24,412 Posts

got some good stuff here, but i got one
dismount the wheels and clean the insides http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,423 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mr.Bungle »
word, thanks. i'm not going to pop my hood, nothing to see under there

Then you will score a 0 for engine bay. A zero in any category is hurtful...Even if it is a stock 2.0, a clean bay will get you some points.

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: getting ready for my first show - tips por favor (SoLo2pointO)

damn them. ok i will bust out the simple green again

1 - 20 of 36 Posts