VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Jetta 2.0L 5-Speed Manual.
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my evaporator started leaking years ago, and the heater never really worked since I’ve had he car. So I’m planning on replacing the evaporator core, heater core, blower motor, and recovering the blend doors.

I have found a few videos on how to get the dash out, but most of them speed through the whole thing. I also tried looking at the guide on here but all the images are missing. I Just want to know what the most straightforward way to get the hvac box out is. Also since getting to It will be a nightmare, is there anything else I should replace or fix while the dash is out?

·
Registered
2004 Jetta GLS 1.8t
841 Posts
Well. Then best thing you could ever possibly do is purchase this set:

It gives step by step instructions on how to do everything you need to do. Everything you’ll ever need to do.

you might be able to find them cheaper somewhere else or even used but the info in them is invaluable.

·
Registered
2004 Jetta GLS 1.8t
841 Posts
Good luck! My vents just started spewing foam so I’m going to have to dig in there at some point in the distant future. It’s not my daily anymore so I’m putting that way off until I have a lot of time and nothing to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.