VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new R Sirius/XM subscription expires 2/1. I enjoy the use of the service and want to keep it. I'm getting reminder offers and an offer of $30 for the first 5mo ($6/mo) then $15/mo thereafter. Wondering if others have let the subscription expire and then received better offers later since I think Sirius/XM are fairly aggressive on marketing and retaining new customers. Or is the offer I got the likely best?

Thanks,
Jon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just told the rep on the phone that I had previously been offered $20 for 6 months. She just went with it and gave me that price.

In hindsight, I should have just kept on driving without talking with them. It was already beyond the subscription turn off date and she said that her system showed that I was deactivated a few weeks prior even though I was listening to it while on the phone with her..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine has been expired since the end of November, but it still works. The info screen where you get local gas prices and weather doesn't work, but the audio streaming does. Every time I go to Sat, it pops up with a notification saying my subscription has changed. I don't use it that often, so I'm not going to cry when it finally goes away.

One reason that I won't pay for Sirius/XM is because it doesn't work worth a damn on the longer trip that I would want it to work. I drive from Portland OR into the Columbia River Gorge to visit family and service is spotty when in the heart of the Gorge. I'm guessing the satellite is south and is blocked by the upper lip of the gorge. It's very annoying....

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
I got the Sirius letter in the mail after picking up my R last month, and it said you get 3 months of Sirius radio, but 4 years of traffic. That's sweet.

Is there a way to just pay for traffic when it expires?
Yes you can pay for just traffic. What I do is pay the $20 for 5 months - I do NOT let them keep my card for auto renewal. They start sending invoices at the standard rate when the 5 months is up. I let them cancel the service, then I call. I tell them flat out either $20 for 5 months or **** off and cancel me. Works every time.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Hmm good info. I don't think I have any interest in paying for it (I hate any recurring subscription costs for ANYTHING), but I have a 2 week roadtrip coming up just a few weeks after my trial expires. I was gonna renew when they send me my final notice, but I guess I'll just hope I get it for free for awhile.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Their best deal is $25 for 6 months. It's just under $30 after taxes and fees. The catch is they have your credit card and it will automatically renew at full price in 6 months. So what you have to is place the disconnect order when you sign up for the 6 month deal. Then in 6 months do it again. I have done this twice now on my 15 R.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
The catch is they have your credit card and it will automatically renew at full price in 6 months. So what you have to is place the disconnect order when you sign up for the 6 month deal. Then in 6 months do it again. I have done this twice now on my 15 R.
No you can avoid this, I do. Tell them NOT TO SAVE THE PAYMENT INFO. They don't. It does rebill but they send you a paper invoice without auto charging anything.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Their best deal is $25 for 6 months. It's just under $30 after taxes and fees. The catch is they have your credit card and it will automatically renew at full price in 6 months. So what you have to is place the disconnect order when you sign up for the 6 month deal. Then in 6 months do it again. I have done this twice now on my 15 R.
They better not auto renew, I did not authorize that.
But, yeah, $24.99 for 6 months, plus tax.
Not sure if that included free internet access for 6 months.

Edit: Total $32.24
$24.99 plus $3.47 for music royalty fee, $3.78 in taxes.

·
Registered
876 Posts
on any new vehicle i have had with XP they have not bothered to cancele the subscription after the trial is over they keep calling.

i say i don't want it..

trial extended.

In one of my cars I have had a trial for two years and i keep telling them I don't want it. They just never seem to shut it off.

·
Banned
397 Posts
This thread inspired me to re-subscribe. I just acted like I couldn't make up my mind (said I was thinking about cancelling spotify)...said as little as possible. They offered 1 yr for $99 + taxes and fees (sirius select). Came out to ~ $127.71

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I wouldn't be able to look at myself in a mirror without feeling ashamed if I paid for Sirius/XM's service, it is totally overpriced for the quality of the audio. The local over-the-air HD radio broadcasts sound better, and I have no use for 95% of the stations that are in Sirus/XM's lineup. The time I used it the most was during a roadtrip over Thanksgiving, and it made me realize how repetitive the programming on the stations I listened to are -- after a day or two of listening to the same songs, I switched to the music library on my iPhone.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
This thread caused me to call them and stop auto renewa (did not know losers could do that legally without informing or requesting). l requested they put in the notes that I feel their music and stations suck. And that I will never pay for their crap again.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.