VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyway coming up on about a yr on this project and im right there at the end of the tunnel. All I had left today to do after the rebuid and everything else that was involved was time the car. So i called my friend to come over to help out. I start the car and let it warm up. So I get into the car after its warmed up and what do you know my foot hits the floor on the clutch. I get out of the car and see the fluid draining onto the floor out of my tranny. So now I have my new slave cylender on order. While looking under the car I notice that I didnt tighten my coolent lines tight enough on the oil cooler and all of those are leaking.
Well it doesnt sound that bad but Im tired of paying 130$ a month for the garage the car is in.
By the way I have a new end clamp for the hood release cable if anyone needs it. I ordered 2 just in case. Just Im me. Also I have a brand new BBM ralley outlet in the box if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Getting tired of this car. (Slvr6Dub)

find a friend and family, de tag her, and let her rest for a while.
crap every time i let jwatts borrow my car it comes back improved lol

same with my bro. Not that i ask or suggest it, its just kida funny. Little things like wiring up the lights on the boost gauge, fixing boost leaks, etc. etc.
Rent your heap, get it back in better shape, dont have it sitting in my driveway. Thats what my rado has become

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

Sorry to hear that but when you are doing an new install some
times you gotta start it to find the leaks then fix them.
Did you have the Tranny out also? If so just open the break reservoir
and pull the clutch slave back out .. while depressing in the Slave
plunger have someone push in and hold the pedal then with the
plunger still in Reinstall the slave. you might have to pull the clutch pedal up then pump it.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Getting tired of this car. (REPOMAN)

Basically what happen was back when I was trying to reinstall the slave cylender about a month ago the little plunger inside the slave shot out cause my dumb ass pushed in on the clutch pedal before it was reinstalled. I thought I fixed it but It was pretty messed up. So I expected these little things to be problematic when starting the car up. Oh well. Im taking a break from the car for a few days to clear my head and wait on the new slave cylender. After I install that Ill just blead the brakes and everything since the fluid is brown in the resovoire. Thanks for the support people. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

I would just bleed the clutch the brakes are alittle more work
to bleed. if you want to change the fluid shops have a vacume
system that makes it easy. remember when bleeding the brake system the rear has a proportioning valve you have to actuate
to allow the SINGLE brake line from the master to pump to the rears.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

proportioning valve you have to actuate
to allow the SINGLE brake line from the master to pump to the rears.
What is this. Damn new cars. If you can explain this to me that would be cool. Thanks.
Im used to the start at the rear and pump the brake pedal. 3 man job type deal. You know the one. Anyway if you can explain that. Thanks

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

it is still a 3 man job you can do the fronts only but if you need to do
the back then start with the furthest away from the master, with 1
person pumping the pedal 1 person holding the actuator valve open and 1 person opening and closing the bleeder it is the same as before
pump pump pump pump pump hold bleed.
the valve is located under the driverside rear seat.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Quote, originally posted by REPOMAN »
it is still a 3 man job you can do the fronts only but if you need to do
the back then start with the furthest away from the master, with 1
person pumping the pedal 1 person holding the actuator valve open and 1 person opening and closing the bleeder it is the same as before
pump pump pump pump pump hold bleed.
the valve is located under the driverside rear seat.
Good Luck

do all G60's have this or just the ones with ABS?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Oh that was for ABS maybe huh. Ya I dont have ABS. Its cool im going to have a shop do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts