VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Re: GEX 2L MOTOR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS (MARK TWOFERLIFE)

I'd like some input here too, I've rebuilt several 1.8L engines, with my personal time being shot, I have VERY little time to rebuild yet another one....

· Registered
11,604 Posts
Re: GEX 2L MOTOR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS (MARK TWOFERLIFE)

I've heard alot of negative comments towards the GEX engines. i have nothing to back it up. but it will surly keep me from getting one of there motors.
also keep the freakin caps lock off.

· Registered
207 Posts
Re: GEX 2L MOTOR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS (psykokid)

Did a search on the tex and also on samba...final decision...run away as fast as you can. Looks like many air cooled and H2O customers have lodged major complaints with them, from as soon as installation not running-no idle-to the end where the engine just gives up and dies after 500 miles. I've done some searching and here are a few alternatives, just depends on how much you want to spend to be lazy (like me
).
Bahn Brenner - email them they are really nice to deal with, they may not show the engine you are looking for but they will get you a price for exactly what you want.
Justveedubs.com - I actually got a personal call asking what I was looking for, nice touch I thought.
Bildon - (bildon.com) - for those looking for vw motorsports or eurospec stuff.
NGP Racing - I've dealt with them in the past, excellent crew to help you out.
Eurospecsport.com - again, a little more pricey, full race ready setups all europsec - and like the old saying goes, you do get what you pay for.
There's others out there, you just have to spend some time searching them out, don't be afraid to email them, I'm sure they would love to gain your business.
I know I've got a ton of leads and I'm close to a decision - (just need the cash to back it up now
)
Hope this helps------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.