VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the many posts i have read GHL is hands down the exhaust for a loud/mean sound, but what about performance? does anyone have numbers on what the exhaust itself is capable of. i'm looking at the 2.5" CB system. if you don't have numbers how about your impression of it's performance compared to other CB systems.
ThAnKs!

· Registered
2,329 Posts
Re: GHL CB exhaust performance. (silverGTIbullet)

GHL certainly does make a decent exhaust... I've seen and heard a few so I have a pretty good idea. I've even dynoed a few with very good results. It wouldnt be a bad choice for ya.
However, keep in mind that Forced Motion has a very good sale on exhaust systems and can be found at the top of the page. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
908 Posts

You can call ECS Tuning 800-924-5172 I'm sure Brian can tell you numbers on Hp increase.
Quote, originally posted by silverGTIbullet »

From the many posts i have read GHL is hands down the exhaust for a loud/mean sound, but what about performance? does anyone have numbers on what the exhaust itself is capable of. i'm looking at the 2.5" CB system. if you don't have numbers how about your impression of it's performance compared to other CB systems.
ThAnKs!

· Registered
7,546 Posts

i was running a 2.5" Eurosport DP with my 2.5" GHL CB. was pretty loud and had some pretty good gains. took off the ES DP and now she's pretty much on par with my other CB. sounds just a bit better than my Thermal + ES DP (which is pretty good for just a CB). the GHL looks a hellva lot better than the thermal too. but as far as gains go (i'm not chipped) you aren't going to see a whole lot by just having a CB.

Modified by heysuperman at 9:37 AM 7-15-2003

· Registered
767 Posts

All GHL exhaust systems are manufactured using the highest quality 304 stainless available. The same materials and craftsmanship that go into every Porsche, Corvette and Lamborghini system are available for your sport import. Each system is delivered polished and includes all gaskets and bolts for an easy installation. All factory mounting locations are the same. The hand crafted look and sound shows that you have the best!
Learn More about GHL
We have the complete line of GHL 2½” and 3” systems in stock. Cat-Back or Turbo Back. Shipping FREE! via UPS ground to the lower 48.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote, originally posted by silverGTIbullet »
does anyone have dyno results or some numbers from a 2.5" CB exhaust? i mean it would seem like such a popular system would have some kind of evidence in performance.

is there a link i could find this out? i like the sound but i want performance to boot.
thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.