VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i know everyone is sick of talking about this, but i have a simple question
which one should i get? j/p....
anyways, real question is ... is their websites not updated, or am i missing something. why is apr chip at 1.0 bar and can produce 215 hp, while giac says it's a 1.2-1.3 bar and produces 27-32 for a total of 208?
is it because apr specifies the 93 octane while giac doesn't?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: GIAC and APR ... sorry!! Technical question (Peptobizmo)

well to start.... apr and giac give 50-60 hp on top of stock for the AWD and AWW engine codes which were years '00 and '01 and about 27-32hp for the AWP engine codes which are the years '02 and newer because they come with the stock boost set higher from the factory...
as for apr or giac... both of their latest versions are 1.1 bar chips that can peak to 1.3 and put out about the same hp and torque..... i would be surprised if you could tell the difference in output by just driving both of them.
as for feel, the giac is a very aggressive program and the boost comes on hard and fast... the apr is very smooth and powerful... just so you know the apr 93 octane chip and the giac x chip are very similar in output and the most popular reason people go with apr is the switchability of programs.... apr is much more expensive if you get the chip switching feature otherwise they are comprably priced.
if you ask my opion i say giac of course because i have it... i have been very pleased with the power and the new xchip has GREAT top end power... 3500rpm and up the car is an animal...
good luck with your choice and enjoy the boost.
James

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: GIAC and APR ... sorry!! Technical question (NJWolf18T)

hey James, thanks for being a nice guy and being helpful.... you could have thrashed this thread like most people would have done but ya didnt
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.