VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Re: GIAC or APR? (VR6of9)

VR6of9, the chip war is a never ending battle. HONESTLY to everyone, they are all good. I have the APR...like it very much. I would be just as happy with GIAC, MTM or Abt/AMS........If you have a tuner locally that's a distributor for a specific brand, then get that.......that way you have support locally. They are all so close, it's hard to tell.....there is not clear winner or better chip. A chip period will make an S4 into another animal. Truse me.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Re: GIAC or APR? (VR6of9)

I might be that way again around the NOPI Nats.....if so, I'll definitely look you up!
Also, I might fly to Jax before going to South Florida via Orlando around Christmas. I'll be offf from the 17th of Dec til the 3rd of Jan. Won't be in the S, but I'll be there none the less.

[Modified by 4DR Assassin, 2:26 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Re: GIAC or APR? (TDIVentoDave)

quote:[HR][/HR]I was kinda leaning toward the Garrett only because I am very close to Matrix Engineering, and they are an authorized GIAC dealer, and that is who they told me to go with. They also pointed out something VERY cool in that for $1300, I could get 4 different switchable software choices that changes the ecu(at the touch of a Keyfob button) from stock to, 1.0bar, 1.2bar, and a super high octane race only 1.3bar setting for the Track only, also including the Tip chip. This is VERY appealing to me. Have the car set at 1.0bar for everyday driving, stock for cruise control, and X for kickin your @$$! I haven't made a decision yet, but there is still tons of research to be done. Thanx again guys![HR][/HR]​
Does that Keyfob allow you to switch while driving? I think I remember Taner from the S4 forum saying you can't have the car started....I might be wrong though. I have the APR EMCS....you're not supposed to switch while driving, but.........heheheh Stock under most driving conditions...but when I see a potential challenge, time for more power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.