VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '01 225Q TT (AMU) has had a GIAC X-Chip (Soldered in) on for ~6 months now. I never actually logged requested v. actual boost after the install, but usually keep a pretty close eye on things using a "Liquid TT" mounted in my vent that allows for overlaying requested boost v. actual boost in real time and would like to think I would have noticed this if it had always been present. The issue I am having is that my boost request is around 17-18 psi, and I am getting ~21-22 psi, obviously this comes down with RPM, but I haven't been able to log in the higher gears as of late, and in second it stays high right to redline... It has gotten considerably colder here in NE lately, and this may be a contributing factor... I also have a N75k valve, but this has been on since before the chip install. I also recently blew a hose going from the hot side of the turbo to the N75 recently. Ran it for maybe an hour before I realized, and fixed it right away, but was definitely running into some rampant overboost with that line gone during that time, might have gotten on it once or twice for short periods during that hour.

Anything that would be helpful to log in VCDS, or should I not worry?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts