VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I want to love it... But I cant :(.
Not huge on the wheels, they dont look right, especially on the 1M. Some concave CHs would be awesome as said before.

On a side note, Im assuming thats lowered due to the H&R stickers? The ride height is perfect, and should be factory if it isnt.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
20,710 Posts
Absolutely LOVE those wheels. Always loved teh BMW Style 5s and these BBS are the perfect custom representation of them. Classic wheel design for sports and GT cars.

Too much bling? Are you peopel on crack?

Polished stepped BBS rims look so right:

What a perfect tie in to the classic 3.0CSL race cars....

·
Premium Member
11,322 Posts
Honestly not feelin those wheels on there. Those are more of a classic look to me and seem almost out of place on a modern car. Maybe I'm just crazy, I'd still rock the crap out of it.

·
Registered
23,409 Posts
I'm a big fan of those type of wheels, but I honestly don't like those too much. Something about them. Maybe not enough lip, spokes are too long or something.

I think some real wide 18's with smaller centers big fat lips and the newer style BBS GT type wheel would look better.

Something like this

·
Registered
19 MX5, 86 MR2
1,663 Posts
Those RS look incredible on that car. Honestly, I think you can put them on anything. Love how they are big enough to cover modern big brakes and modern car, but still give it a classic throw back look.
I love RSs and I love the 1M, but together it's just "meh" for me. It doesn't realize suit the design of the car IMO and they make the wheels and the car look off.

·
Registered
'22 Maverick. '03 9-3, '67 Fairlady
20,352 Posts
I'm not a fan of large wheels, but wow, those fit well on the car. And there is an actual tire on it, with sidewall and all.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.