VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holding thread to drop/follow my next phases of changes on my R32.

Long time Vortex contributor, I've had my BMP R32 since 2008. She ran stock for a few years, jumped to a vf stage 2 supercharger kit, located in socal and upgraded to a limited run stage 4 kit from VF and have evolved into a mostly all custom setup. Due to some limitations and frustrations that others have had in trying to get the tuning right, I decided to go standalone. Going through the options, I still want to retain the OEM features and ecus, so I chose to go with the Syecs 7+ stand alone setup. In doing the research, found a localish shop in Bend, Oregon (Bend Calibrations) which is trained by Syvecs and runs them in personal cars.

Box that came this week:
- Syvecs 7+ PnP kit for the MK4 R32
- 4 bar MAP sensor
- IAT sensor
- fuel pressure sensor
- Wide band sensor 4.9 LCU
  • FID 1200's (likely to tune e85 @ 1300cc or so
  • will be doing both pump gas and E85 tunes

Will add Pics and progress as I get into this.

·
Registered
2008 VW R32 - (Rotrex Supercharged)
2,511 Posts
Holding thread to drop/follow my next phases of changes on my R32.

Long time Vortex contributor, I've had my BMP R32 since 2008. She ran stock for a few years, jumped to a vf stage 2 supercharger kit, located in socal and upgraded to a limited run stage 4 kit from VF and have evolved into a mostly all custom setup. Due to some limitations and frustrations that others have had in trying to get the tuning right, I decided to go standalone. Going through the options, I still want to retain the OEM features and ecus, so I chose to go with the Syecs 7+ stand alone setup. In doing the research, found a localish shop in Bend, Oregon (Bend Calibrations) which is trained by Syvecs and runs them in personal cars.

Box that came this week:
  • Syvecs 7+ PnP kit for the MK4 R32
  • 4 bar MAP sensor
  • IAT sensor
  • fuel pressure sensor
  • Wide band sensor 4.9 LCU
  • FID 1200's (likely to tune e85 @ 1300cc or so
  • will be doing both pump gas and E85 tunes

Will add Pics and progress as I get into this.
Standing by for updates! Popcorn ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 .:R32
88,931 Posts
Welcome back!

Let’s see pics.

·
Registered
522 Posts
For those that have noted, I've not see much in stand alone threads or documentation on our side. Pretty scarce. Syvecs allows fully PnP swap over, so they say. We'll find out!!
I am interested to follow along. Is the Syvecs a standalone for the ECU or TCU? For some reason I got confused somewhere and thought I understood it was for the trans computer. Interested to learn more tho!

I am hoping to begin a build this year with an ECUMasters Black standalone that also offers a PnP with the R32 harness

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Syvecs also has a stand alone TCU, but Im only doing their ECU standalone. As Syvecs allows me to retain all OEM functionality, including cruise control and I can still vagcom the other systems, it fit what I wanted. And as EMU Black, has a fully PnP wiring harness to plug it in.

With it, I have a few new sensors I need to decide on where I want to install them (MAP sensor, IAT sensor, fuel sensor, new fuel filter and flex fuel sensor. The HEP SRI Im running doesnt have any provisions to install the first 3, so I'll likely need to put it into my post IC and before TB section of boost pipes. Then i get to find a spot for an ID F750 fuel filter and the flex fuel sensor after that.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you live in Bend? Looks like I need to take a drive over to Bend Calibrations and see what they're all about.
Nope, but i have family there. They seem to have some history there in tuning track cars and projects. For me they were the closest that was trained by Syvecs on their product and have used it on some of their personal cars. We'll be doing all the tuning remote, so should be a fun/interesting ride.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well finally finished up all the boost tube chopping to accomodate vbands lastnight and am waiting for the bungs for the MAP sensor, IAT sensor, and fuel pressure sensor to arrive tomorrow to figure out where Im installing them. I have a Exit9 HEP Intake mani, so trying to figure out the proper place to get them welded in. Once those are done, it's just install time and some wiring. I also need to sort out where I'm installing the fuel filter and flex fuel sensor. Havent bottomed out on that yet.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm super excited for this, I just built a high compression NA 3.3 on e85 and UM wouldn't give me any options on e85 / flex fuel sensor installation etc. (they did give me the e85 tune, and said it would be good for my build... we will see once i get the walbro 255 inline fuel pump in)

What are you going to use for tuning? Syvecs has its own software?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
With it, I have a few new sensors I need to decide on where I want to install them (MAP sensor, IAT sensor, fuel sensor, new fuel filter and flex fuel sensor. The HEP SRI Im running doesnt have any provisions to install the first 3, so I'll likely need to put it into my post IC and before TB section of boost pipes. Then i get to find a spot for an ID F750 fuel filter and the flex fuel sensor after that.
I would like to see where you mount these. I have the CTS SRI and will need to do the same. Or if anyone has pics of their SRI and what is drilled in where.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would like to see where you mount these. I have the CTS SRI and will need to do the same. Or if anyone has pics of their SRI and what is drilled in where.
Ok so after pulling off my sri, looks like i ported in some vacuum ports. I reused and setup sensor positions. I decided to go with a cheap vacuum manifold to tee off the smaller stuff.

Also being on the back lower, its out of sight.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

Obviously HEP is a better design with straight runners. I will just have to figure something out. I don't want the out in the open look either but it might be the only option. Thanks for the pic.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts