VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Obviously HEP is a better design with straight runners. I will just have to figure something out. I don't want the out in the open look either but it might be the only option. Thanks for the pic.
NP, glad to help out where I can with how im approaching it. Is there space on the far left 1st and 3rd runners (the top area) where you could tap? How many ports do you need to add? I would think you could fit a few there.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Whatever I need for supercharging the car. All I am tracking at the moment is an IAT, and maybe one other. Let me know when you need to be persuaded for the 550s and ecu. Don't forget the stuff collecting dust. I can horde for you. Lol

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
following...

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hahaha thanks IKU!! Life got busy and i fell back to lurking. Glad to be back out and still pushing the R!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Vbands welded, cleaned up welded sections and redid the few beads where i dont have vbands... for now. Hopefully can get the frontend back together and boost pipes on tomorrow. Possible winter ilk pull them and do ceramic coating.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got some work done this weekend. Ran the wire and shethed for the extensions for the added sensors for syvecs ( map, iat, fuel pressure and flex fuel sensors). Also plummed the fuel filter (ID F750) and flex fuel sensor.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Pulled my ecu with um tune, marked with my vin on tape so i dont mix it up. Syvecs pnp harness ane ecu plugged in. Bit more work and i can start tuning with Jason @ Bend Calibrations.

As adcockman noted, its gonna be tight mounting it as the harness is a bit short. Need to sort that out so its not bouncing around.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My dad is hitting up a pick-n-pull today that has some mkiv's to snag a auto trans ecu so i can use the self contained box to mount the syvecs in. That'll at least keep it stable and not bouncing around. Fedex should be delivering the 5 day delayed.. lost box containing some additional Deutsch DT connector kits and the 20g DT crimper tool. Will be nice buttoning up the wiring and tieing down all the cables.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Alrighty, my dad found a suitable mkiv auto trans ecu to use as a mounting point for the syvecs. Also Fedex figured out my lost package that was supposed to deliver last sat. Now i got some crimping to do.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Down to 3 left. 1 waiting to come from my tuner, 2 i screwed up and ordered replacements. Learning curve imo, i love Deutsch DT connectors. Screw open barrel.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I screwed up one of the delphi 150 series 3.5mm pins for the IAT sensor.... searched locally with no success. Ordered on Amazon and surprisingly showed up 2 days early.

Just crimped them both, built the delphi connector and plugged it into the IAT sensor. Just need to ziptie the wires to their safety and install the remaining boost pipes. Abs front clip. Bout ready to getthe base tune loaded!!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
We tried to get the first tune set to start the car up but are seeing some errors related to 'slave comms' not reachable. My tuner has reached out to Syvecs for some suggestions. I'll update here once we have next steps. Crossing fingers. Also, the MAP sensor is only seeing 3v, but checked the 5v input wire and it's showing 4.98v.... So we're also digging into that.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts