VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Alright i think we sorted out the config and i flipped 2 input signal wires. Should be starting it up in the next day.

Wires were my fault, easy to repin.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
We have a monday session in which we should be abke to start the car and do some initial tuning. In prep, swapped out my plugs, changed trans and rear diff fluids.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Monday i was able to start the car on the new syvecs 7+ setup on the first try. I screwed up the placement of the fuel pressure sensor, fitting coming tomorrow to fix that. Were gonna kickoff a tune session thurs/fri.

Using the base mount for a mkiv auto transmission ecu, i mounted the syvecs in the raintray next to the cabin filter. I removed the mount for the stock ecu which made more room for the harness to tuck in.

I also drilled a hole and used a soldering iron to make a hole in the 'ecu grommet' on the driverside to run the ethernet cable into the cabin for tuning.

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,655 Posts
This is one gnarly build.

Nice work brother.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
^^^ Hell yeah it is!!! It's also an inspiration cause I'm planning a never before done build that will take the .:R32 where it's never been before. Been researching and planning my build for over a year. Seeing this keeps my fire lit! Ginster we have met at quite a few Fastivus (boy I'm pissed it's on the eastcoast now) and your car never disappoints. Do work son!!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks dudes! Appreciate the comments. Ive always been function over form as i know I'll get to come back around to make things look awesome after the hard work.

Fuel pressure sensor is in and will connect with the tuner over the next few days to pick up where we left on Monday.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
^^^ Hell yeah it is!!! It's also an inspiration cause I'm planning a never before done build that will take the .:R32 where it's never been before. Been researching and planning my build for over a year. Seeing this keeps my fire lit! Ginster we have met at quite a few Fastivus (boy I'm pissed it's on the eastcoast now) and your car never disappoints. Do work son!!
That's awesome man, every Fastivus i came fresh with my new updates. Often wrenching late in the night before heading out to socal for the event the next morning. Then we're the goid ol dsys. Really hope they do another one on this coast!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts