VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ginsterdub - Like a Zombie, coming back with some big changes

6K views 60 replies 15 participants last post by  mikemilmikemil 
#1 · (Edited)
Holding thread to drop/follow my next phases of changes on my R32.

Long time Vortex contributor, I've had my BMP R32 since 2008. She ran stock for a few years, jumped to a vf stage 2 supercharger kit, located in socal and upgraded to a limited run stage 4 kit from VF and have evolved into a mostly all custom setup. Due to some limitations and frustrations that others have had in trying to get the tuning right, I decided to go standalone. Going through the options, I still want to retain the OEM features and ecus, so I chose to go with the Syecs 7+ stand alone setup. In doing the research, found a localish shop in Bend, Oregon (Bend Calibrations) which is trained by Syvecs and runs them in personal cars.

Box that came this week:
- Syvecs 7+ PnP kit for the MK4 R32
- 4 bar MAP sensor
- IAT sensor
- fuel pressure sensor
- Wide band sensor 4.9 LCU
  • FID 1200's (likely to tune e85 @ 1300cc or so
  • will be doing both pump gas and E85 tunes

Will add Pics and progress as I get into this.

See less See more
#2 ·
Holding thread to drop/follow my next phases of changes on my R32.

Long time Vortex contributor, I've had my BMP R32 since 2008. She ran stock for a few years, jumped to a vf stage 2 supercharger kit, located in socal and upgraded to a limited run stage 4 kit from VF and have evolved into a mostly all custom setup. Due to some limitations and frustrations that others have had in trying to get the tuning right, I decided to go standalone. Going through the options, I still want to retain the OEM features and ecus, so I chose to go with the Syecs 7+ stand alone setup. In doing the research, found a localish shop in Bend, Oregon (Bend Calibrations) which is trained by Syvecs and runs them in personal cars.

Box that came this week:
  • Syvecs 7+ PnP kit for the MK4 R32
  • 4 bar MAP sensor
  • IAT sensor
  • fuel pressure sensor
  • Wide band sensor 4.9 LCU
  • FID 1200's (likely to tune e85 @ 1300cc or so
  • will be doing both pump gas and E85 tunes

Will add Pics and progress as I get into this.
Standing by for updates! Popcorn ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Nope, but i have family there. They seem to have some history there in tuning track cars and projects. For me they were the closest that was trained by Syvecs on their product and have used it on some of their personal cars. We'll be doing all the tuning remote, so should be a fun/interesting ride.

#16 ·
I'm super excited for this, I just built a high compression NA 3.3 on e85 and UM wouldn't give me any options on e85 / flex fuel sensor installation etc. (they did give me the e85 tune, and said it would be good for my build... we will see once i get the walbro 255 inline fuel pump in)

What are you going to use for tuning? Syvecs has its own software?

#21 ·
Obviously HEP is a better design with straight runners. I will just have to figure something out. I don't want the out in the open look either but it might be the only option. Thanks for the pic.
NP, glad to help out where I can with how im approaching it. Is there space on the far left 1st and 3rd runners (the top area) where you could tap? How many ports do you need to add? I would think you could fit a few there.

#36 ·
I screwed up one of the delphi 150 series 3.5mm pins for the IAT sensor.... searched locally with no success. Ordered on Amazon and surprisingly showed up 2 days early.

Just crimped them both, built the delphi connector and plugged it into the IAT sensor. Just need to ziptie the wires to their safety and install the remaining boost pipes. Abs front clip. Bout ready to getthe base tune loaded!!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

#45 ·
^^^ Hell yeah it is!!! It's also an inspiration cause I'm planning a never before done build that will take the .:R32 where it's never been before. Been researching and planning my build for over a year. Seeing this keeps my fire lit! Ginster we have met at quite a few Fastivus (boy I'm pissed it's on the eastcoast now) and your car never disappoints. Do work son!!

#47 ·
That's awesome man, every Fastivus i came fresh with my new updates. Often wrenching late in the night before heading out to socal for the event the next morning. Then we're the goid ol dsys. Really hope they do another one on this coast!

#46 ·
Thanks dudes! Appreciate the comments. Ive always been function over form as i know I'll get to come back around to make things look awesome after the hard work.

Fuel pressure sensor is in and will connect with the tuner over the next few days to pick up where we left on Monday.

#53 ·
Hey Jimbo!!
  • SC: vortech v1 ti hd w/cogs
  • CAMS: Schrick 268/264
  • Rest of block: oem/stock
  • hpa larger downpipes
  • argon addicts custom 3" midpipes w/100 cell high flow cats
  • c2 3" cat back exhaust
  • water meth
  • FID 1200cc injectors
  • adj fpr

I think that's the most of it.

#55 ·
What motor mounts are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.