VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When filling my tank, fuel pump nozzles prematurly shut off. If I wait for about 10 second another gallon or more will be accepted. I can usually do this once or twice. If I just quit fueling at the first nozzle shutoff the tank would be at least 2 to 3 gallons short of full. Other fuel station nozzels result in the same behavior.
Is this common for the other Passats be them sedans or variants.
I have an 02 variant B5.5.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: Girggling Fuel Tank (Tom Davis)

Never had any issues with mine. Only once has it ever filled up less that full, all the other times I put in about 12gal (until the first click) and the fuel gauge points to full when I'm done.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Re: Girggling Fuel Tank (idale)

I've had something like that happen......it was suggested that the fume back-up was kicking off the pump. so now I wiggle the nozzle and pull it in and out to let the fumes out and she seems to like it!!!
my gas guage goes over the "full" mark and usually accepts over 12 and under 13 gallons.......thats around the first and second beep and usaully 300 to 330 mi on the odo
am getting about 26 mpg island driving (no freeways)

·
Registered
862 Posts

Dunno, but I do the same thing. I keep an eye out to make sure no fuel comes spilling out of the tank...or at least, I try to make sure that doesn't happen. (Hasn't happened yet.)

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'm having this problem now with my 2002 Passat. I have taken it to the dealer 5 times to be fixed. They have replaced the gas tank twice.
Was your problem ever resolved?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts