VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, well some time ago a wanted to sell my car... I have had many offers but I still cant seem to sell it...
.. I really dont want to!!! So I have to work harder to finish paying my truck. I own a printshop and sell car graphics. I am getting more and more customers. The problem is, they don't know what to put on their cars
and I have decided to sacrifice my ride to promote myself and the brands I like and use so I can get more customers..... so here it is.... my pre-design version 2.0.. what ya think?...

Flame me if you want, I need opinions good and bad (and I know, I know it takes a look ala f&f
)

Modified by warura at 6:33 PM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
89 Posts
Personally I am not a big fan of on car graphics but, If I were going to do it I would design something a little out of the ordinary.
Looking at your current design I dont feel it really goes along with the line of the car, there are only a few straight body line on the car and if you wanted to keep the current scheme you have going I would follow those body lines.
I also agree with the post above if your going to put someones name on your car, make sure they pay for it, if not stick with you logo and a typical VW (337) logo dont advertise for other when you spent the money buying there products.
Sorry just my .02

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: give me your opinions (warura)

Go out and get NFS underground; play a while with the GTI and unlock the vinyls and there's a bunch of suggestions..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Re: give me your opinions (jdelcas1)

yeah dude, not to be critical, but you say you do this for a living...those graphics don't even go with the lines of the car

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Re: give me your opinions (power_mind)

Quote, originally posted by power_mind »
...if you want to look like a civic hatchback go right ahead...

That looks nothing like a Civic hatchback! Its got the same wheels front and rear

If it'll benefit your business, I guess thats cool. You gotta do what you gotta do to get by http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Re: give me your opinions (dooho)

Quote, originally posted by dooho »
yeah dude, not to be critical, but you say you do this for a living...those graphics don't even go with the lines of the car

ill have to agree with this comment.if you want to rep yo skills,and you have to make your car look all crazy.you should go crazy

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
hey man,
the import crowd is huge and the potential for $$ is also there and this is the look thats hot right now.
I don't like it but whatever I'm not going to be paying your bills.
So its a small sacrafice hopefully business will pick up for you.
Hey give us some real pics of your work
maybe you could get some customers off the vortex by selling something we all dig.
In terms of what you have there I don't think it looks very good you need to do something even more bold and wild, to really grab peoples attention. Keep working on it and let us know.

Modified by Good1Spd at 2:12 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: give me your opinions (VolksPike)

jajaja that calvin is cool,

ok, I never said I did car graphics for a living... I have different jobs. And its a first design, made quickly before I forgot it... so when I have a more detailed version I will be posting it....

·
Registered
597 Posts

all the logos are to big. reduce about 50% in size and remove the black outline on all the logos.
make 337 smaller, or remove. if u like the red keep it. i would go with a 30% black on all the graphics placed on the car, this will make things feel clean and sutle.
i wouldn't put that big line on the car. but if u must. change to another line that flows better with the cars lines. the 1.8t things gotta go. the font does not look good. + i don't think putting 1.8t looks good.
if this was a Honda i would have a different opinion. there's some graphics that look great on those cars..... im not talking F&F thats NOT COOL
i really don't dig what they do to those cars.
i mean look what they did to that poor skyline...
anyway for your business and to get better ideas look at everyone else's graphics find what u don't like about them and change it to look good and sell it. you'll sell these graphics like crack before you know it. or pay me and ill design them

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Re: give me your opinions (vwk2)

i like it since it is different especially love the REVOooooooooooooooooooooooo action

·
Registered
927 Posts

Lose the 1.8t, make the graphics black with a dark grey metallic shadow, a couple shades darker then the car. Do the names of the parts you want to use in the same color as the shadow and find a pattern to place them in. Do them like they do some of the drifting cars, slanted up and back the car like mud splashes on the sides, starting at the bottom of the door and stopping before the trim strip. Keep it clean and simple and not gaudy and it will look good. I 'm not to big on graphics now ( grew out of that phase a long tome ago) but you can make a car look really good with the right graphic and color scheme. less is more http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: give me your opinions (GTI0109)

hmmm colors do make a differnce.. maybe I will post the graphics with different colors...
Heres another design made by my beloved g/f.
what ya think?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts