Re: glass sunroof for rado's (alphazero)
Ive done this 3 times. Email if you have questions.
Get a Passat glass roof + tracks from model yrs 93-96. I think 97 might also fit too, but not sure. I know 93-96 does. Dont buy the motor, unless yours is trashed - it wont plug into your harness - you would have to re-wire the harness. Your corrado motor will bolt into the passat moonroof with no problem.
As for process, I'll offer some tricks -
1. TEST THE REPLACEMENT MOONROOF BEFORE BUYING IT. Nothing sucks more than buying a broken one. Also pay particular attention to the plastic drain tubes and drip tray. They cannot be replaced and if cracked will leak onto your headliner and trash it.
2. Drop rear trim peice, C panel trim, loosen B pillar trim, remove A pillar trim, remove front trim across windshied - the windshield trim it the hardest and it will 50/50 break on you. Try and be gentle.
3. Its easier to slide the headliner fwd down the windshield to where the dash and windshield meet, then wiggle the back of it side to side out from the side channels. Less flexing, just avoid the rear view.
3. Once its all reinstalled, dont install the headliner right away. Drive it for a week or two, make sure its not leaking, rattling, wind noise, ect...
4. When re-installing C pillar trim, snap the little plastic bolt threads into their respective holes in the metal c-pillar, rather than trying to keep them on the trim panel and lining it all up. Much easier.