VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am getting into a 2014 GLI Autobahn and cannot find anywhere on the internet the 0-60 time for the 2.0T 210hp engine. I know the 2014 hasnt been out long, but shouldnt it be the same as the 2013.5's that have the same exact engine? I see conflicting numbers on every site. Anyone know the actual time?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
0-60 is probably the same as the 200HP version as 10HP is a marginal increase and the 0-60 time will be far more dependent on driver skill. If there is a difference, you're probably looking at maybe .1 seconds faster. These cars are FWD; i.e., 0-60 is not their forte.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The best figures I remember seeing for the 2012 were between 6.5 and 6.9 seconds in the tests on road and track and caranddriver for the manual. You could probably assume .2 or so less on a dsg. As you say, anything under 6 seems rather optimistic.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
6.5 seems more likely. chances are that 5.7 time was done on a drag strip with sticky tires in the best possible conditions. not everyday DD conditions.
Stock 0-60 i timed in my gli to be 6.4 seconds which is not bad for a 200-hp german car. But as i previously stated just doing an intake and tune you can take atleast .5 seconds off the time and have a car that feels totally different :beer::thumbup::wave:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have some times on my 2012 GLI with DSG

The measurement device I used was a passport GTimer that supposedly is pretty accurate.

So here they are: (on a sunny hot day in Florida)

STOCK best of three runs: 6.8 sec (claimed 200HP)
STAGE 1 best of three runs: 6.4 sec (claimed 254HP)

I have not dyno-ed the car before or after stage 1 so I don't have HP data. Hopefully this gives you an idea. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Stock 0-60 i timed in my gli to be 6.4 seconds which is not bad for a 200-hp german car. But as i previously stated just doing an intake and tune you can take atleast .5 seconds off the time and have a car that feels totally different :beer::thumbup::wave:
which is why not having a tune out for the new 210hp engine is KILLING me!!! cacachaos!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.