VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: GLI MONSTER MATS (VWPartsManager)

I'll promptly eat my words that VW doesn't care about the GLI.
... okay, I'll eat the first couple words. There are some other things that may be neat to have, but I think the mats are probably prime.

That said, I'm taking it with a grain of salt until it's a certain thing.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VWPartsManager »
I heard today, that GLI Monster Mats will be available late June, early July. They will be honeycombed like the GTI mays, but obviously with the GLI logo.

cool!

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

I suppose I'd be looking the gift horse in the mouth to ask if they have a part number for the red-piped upholstery mats for the GLI as well?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: GLI MONSTER MATS (BRM10984)

Hmm...I'm confused. I pick my GLI tomorrow and it is coming with the monster mats. Are you telling me that they are putting non-GLI mats in my GLI??? If that is the case they better expect me at the dealership in a few months when the GLI mats arrive to do a swapout!

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: GLI MONSTER MATS (merlin303)

I don't know about what the dealers will be putting in yours. I would guess they are Jetta Monster Mats. Unless, there are some Monster Mats being shipped to the plant. But I would lean towards them being Jetta Mats.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts

Quote, originally posted by merlin303 »
Hmm...I'm confused. I pick my GLI tomorrow and it is coming with the monster mats. Are you telling me that they are putting non-GLI mats in my GLI??? If that is the case they better expect me at the dealership in a few months when the GLI mats arrive to do a swapout!

GLI's in the past with the monster mats have just been the "JETTA" monster mats, not the GLI mats. The only GLI monster mats that exist are modded GTI mats... My MKIV:

·
Registered
364 Posts

Well aside from the fact that I think these mats should be standard equipment which angers me enough, I will be raising the point that if GLI mats come out in the next month or two I will be back to pick them up. Doesn't make any sense to me why VW would launch the GLI and not launch the GLI mats at the same time, but whatever.

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

With the earlier versions of the GLI starting in '03, monster mats were never offered for the GLI. I am glad to see VW listening to what there customers want in producing the GLI mats.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts

I would say it is certain, VW has a part number available for the mats. Just physically do not have the mats yet.

Care to share the part number?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Be happy to share the number. 1K1-061-551-H-041 for the GLI.

Mmmhmm... being curious, I went to see if Impex happened to have a lead on them in their system yet. Here's what I got.

http://www.worldimpex.com/item...79336

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

GLI: 1K1-061-551-H-041
GTI: 1K1-061-550-H-041 (from DG website).
Looks like everything lines up. Now I'm just uber-curious why Impex has them listed already. I've got to call back in a bit as their lines were messed up when I tried earlier.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Re: (thread)

Eh, I think I'll keep my Jetta Monster mats, car says GLI everywhere else, might as well keep the white Jetta words. Looks good to me instead of bright red words.
But I think that VW should possibly have produced these mats a wee bit sooner
Maybe then I would be singing a different tune...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.