VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 and would like to put the gli parts on it. I like them better than votex. Anyone have part numbers or cost? Didn't see them listed in freq questions or search. Someone has to have done this mod

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: GLI Side skirts and Rear valance (VWYankee)

And if you get the part numbers from Tim, please post them here so that I can add them to the FAQ.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: GLI Side skirts and Rear valance (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
And if you get the part numbers from Tim, please post them here so that I can add them to the FAQ.

Once I verify that the "Satin Black" Valences I ordered are GLI, I will post the part numbers.
Still waiting for the front (due mid-March).

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: GLI Side skirts and Rear valance (Tim Birney)

I'm posting the part numbers a little early. The front and rear are in, and I will verify them tonight on the way home.
Front Valence: 1K0-805-903-B-9B9 (Spoiler)
Rear Valence: 1K5-807-521-B-9B9 (spoiler)*
(* the rear was pencilled on a preliminary sheet as 1K0-807-521-B-9B9, so it is either the 1K5 or 1K0, and I will be checking that tonight)

Total cost, including Michigan Sales Tax is $299.16

Modified by Tim Birney at 1:29 PM 3-9-2006

·
Registered
9,699 Posts

I'm posting the part numbers a little early. The front and rear are in, and I will verify them tonight on the way home.
Total cost, including Michigan Sales Tax is $299.16
*The Rear Valence is the GLI, and requires the additional order of the Reflectors - - -
1K5 945-105-B Left Reflector
1K5 945-106-B Right Reflector
Reflectors were $16.65 including sales tax

Install on Monday, with Pictures to follow.

Popeye is happy

Modified by Tim Birney at 7:41 PM 3-9-2006

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks Tim, thats such a good price vs votex kit parts.
Will be looking for the pics and install notes.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: GLI Side skirts and Rear valance (herkguy)

Quote, originally posted by herkguy »
Thanks Tim, thats such a good price vs votex kit parts.
Will be looking for the pics and install notes.

Preliminary install notes: Dealer is installing the Valences.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Re: (svander)

o.k. tim i just sent you a pm to because someone smashed up my back bumper yesturday,it was some milf in a sabb so i did not mind believe it or not(i am such a sucker)anyway her insurance is going to pay for everythnig,but since i am going to be at full honeycomb with front fogs,i might as well get the reflectors in the back (like gli)i also have the euros ,but you already know that.I am a little confused,i thought the front of the gli was the sam as the 2.5 minus the chrome,the front valence is diferent
And fro the rear,i need both lower pieces,the one lower valence where the reflectors go in,and the other piece right above that goes right to the lights,both pieces got damaged on the side.Is this concidered all one pieceeven though they are separet

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (nastybags)

Quote, originally posted by nastybags »
And fro the rear,i need both lower pieces,the one lower valence where the reflectors go in,and the other piece right above that goes right to the lights,both pieces got damaged on the side.Is this concidered all one pieceeven though they are separet

Those are two separate parts, the lower Valence with reflectors, and the upper Bumper Cover, with that short black insert (this part is painted to match your car).
I have listed just the front and rear lower valences, in satin black (AKA GLI)

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Tim- on the front and rear skirts, are they both 1K0, both 1K5, or one of each?

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Tim -
I can't wait to see this, esp the rear end. This is exactly what I have been toying with doing, esp after putting the euro tails in and seeing the rear of PBRme's GLI (same color as my TDI). I just love the look of the lower black valence.
Now if I can just figure out a way of siphoning some of the squareback monies toward doing this mod with either my bf not noticing or getting him to agree to it.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
Tim- on the front and rear skirts, are they both 1K0, both 1K5, or one of each?

As posted, and double checked...

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Ah- just wanted to confirm. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Re: (Tim Birney)

Quote, originally posted by Tim Birney »
Vas ist?
You up and running AMBER w/Rear FOG?

Popeye

Not yet. Got the AMBER but no rear fog yet. PBRme had a final to study for for paramedic school (which he freaking aced by the way). So as soon as he gets his wired up then he will do mine!
On a side note, mine are coded wrong - I get the funky mix of amber and red when I have the lights on (like PBRme's were initially). As soon as I can get to Futrells I will have Dean post the coding so you can fix it for me
I just haven't had a chance working too much extra OT for some extra squareback money.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.