VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a bubble in one of my OEM tires, and have never replaced any of the tires since I bought the car new in 04! So I'm looking into a new set of 4 tires. I'm not so concerned with performance as I am with appearance, ride, and durability but I'm also on a really tight budget. I cannot afford the OEM tires.
I was looking at these: http://www.discounttiredirect....s=225
I really like them but Tirerack says the ride will be even harder, which I don't think I could stand at this point. I'd ideally like a softer ride. I'm also not familiar with the durability on these.
Does anyone have first hand experience with this brand or know of some other low cost decent tire alternatives? I did the search, but still really confused.
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: GLI tire help please (mjames33)

i like the dunlop dz101...they are on my 19s and have had no problems with them...just depends on what size you want to get i guess

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Re: GLI tire help please ([email protected])

dunlop star specs here... hit potholes doing the same speed or higher that would bubble my eagles and these are fine..
actually i added a new dent to my RCs but the tires didnt bubble... the other older dent with the eagles... bubbled there.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Never tried them, but the reviews on the site look very positive, the price is nice, and they also have a $50 rebate. I'd get them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Re: GLI tire help please (JDS2005)

general exclaim uhp - $94 each from tirerack. good tire for the money http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: GLI tire help please (JDS2005)

Quote, originally posted by JDS2005 »
Look in TireRack.com for all the options in 225/40ZR18. You could get a set of 4 Pirelli PZero Nero tires for $115 each instead of settling for Hankooks (which also are only $114 each on TireRack).

I've had bad experiences wit Pirelli's, so I wont get them. They do not last long at all. The price on Tirerack for these does not include shipping, however the site I linked to has free shipping, so technically it's the better deal.
Thanks for all the responses!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: GLI tire help please (xdrunknmunky13x)

I was actually thinking about trying out the same tires (Hankooks). I need new tires ASAP. All of the reviews I've seen on all Hankook tires have been mostly positive.

Modified by OneCar60Mexicans at 11:06 AM 8-19-2009

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok then it's settled. I ordered 4 of them. I'll try to update about my experience with them. For $500 shipped for all 4, you can't beat it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts