VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states what is the difference between a OEM Gli valence and a replica from ECS. the pics on ECS are to small to tell the difference.
if someone has pics that show this that would be appreciated

pics for clicks

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
FV-QR

OEM: perfect fitment, all tabs, made from quality material, take a beating.
REP: maybe not perfect fitment, some come with no tabs at all, made of fiberglass, can crack or break easier.
Buy the OEM

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ebensqauat16)

Don't buy the replica from ECS. My friend bought the 20th replica from ECS and it feels so brittle. It would break the first time it scraped on anything. I FORCED him to find an OEM ABS one. He did, bought it, and then got rid of the other one.
Ended up saving money getting a used OEM one too. lol http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
ECS does have good stuff. But just because ECS carries it doesn't make it good.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Re: Gli vs. replica valences (Fly VW)

Plain and simple never buy a replica of a body/lip kit that can be bought OEM, no matter how good the company is you'll always have issues that would make that extra $100+ that you would spend worth saving a little longer for. Even the after market stuff that does fit good has some wobly looking lines to it. Not saying it's bad to buy aftermarket things but people into cars always notice the super small issues that being even a tiny bit off cause and then they call you on it and then you feel kinda dumb. I dunno if that made sense but if it didn't I must inform you I have taken some shots of tequilla haha

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: (rain724)

If you live in an area where you dont usually scrape or have a hard time driving a low car I dont see the problem. Theres always a chance of bad fitment when you go non oem though. If it was me I'd buy OEM.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Re: (clutching)

with body pieces...go oem or go home...just save up for the real deal...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Re: (christanand)

Quote, originally posted by christanand »
with body pieces...go oem or go home...just save up for the real deal...

lol.........I like that one...hahahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts