VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can buy Gloss Black mirror caps WITHOUT SIGNALS for my MK6?

All I can find are caps with signals, and all I've found on AliExpress are "non usa models. I may end up wrapping them, but I'd rather replace them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
You can also try getting quotes from local body shops to get your current caps painted. I got them done for $100 from my local body shop.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You could purchase the matte black caps and plasti-dip it for a more cost efficient route.

I was tired of my boring plain caps on my S and turned it matte white, then glossified it. Didn't turn out too bad, imo. I probably should get closer images of it, but this is all I have for now.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can also try getting quotes from local body shops to get your current caps painted. I got them done for $100 from my local body shop.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I thought about this too, but I have some extra wrap so I think I'll go that way first.....thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could purchase the matte black caps and plasti-dip it for a more cost efficient route.

I was tired of my boring plain caps on my S and turned it matte white, then glossified it. Didn't turn out too bad, imo. I probably should get closer images of it, but this is all I have for now.

Do you have any idea where I can even find these matte black caps without the signals? All I see are caps with signals....thanks for the help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
gloss black wrap

unless you have a lot of experience wrapping they are close to impossible. I tried multiple times with leftover wrap and to no prevail could not do it. If you do attempt it good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts