VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just bought a 2005 MKV Jetta with 37k miles for my wife and I have a question or problem. I've tried searching this board but was unable to find an answer.
We get this clicking sound that's coming from the dash board/glove box area. It's a steady "click, click, click" noise that is only noticeable when the fan is not on but when we turn on the AC or fan the noise goes away? Any ideas or suggetions for fixing this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (absoluteczech)

I just went to the dealer and they said it is an issue with 05-06 climate control system? They said they need some update or part for it and would contact me, so you know how that is. I doubt they'll call me and I will have to hound them every week to fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Glove box clicking noise (classicjetta)

I am not sure what the difference is between climatic and climate control? All I know is that you can control the temp on each side.

13,868 Posts
Re: Glove box clicking noise (Jkhami)

Sounds like Climatronic then, especially if it looks like this (ignore circled recirculate button):

The noise you describe is likely the normal operation of the system. Especially if it goes click click click three times in a row consistently. That is the sound of the blend doors adjusting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

oK, I have the Climatronic then. But there's no way that clicking sound is normal, it clicks consistently, not just three times. It only clicks when we are not running the Climatronic. When it's on, no noise at all but when its off it's a constant clicking sound like the sound of a wall clock ticking to the seconds.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Re: (absoluteczech)

Quote, originally posted by absoluteczech »
i think thats the "fuel line rattle" i believe theres a fix for it, check w/ your dealer

Not trying to hi-jack the thread... But can you explain more? I might have this.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: (vw n00b)

I have the same exact problem in a 2002 jetta 1.8t. I have climatic not climate control. I have been following this thread hoping for an answer.
The noise isn't always there but it is there more then it is not.
The sound goes "tick.................. tick............... tick.............. tick"
and then "tick...........tick..tick tick tick tick"
I think i located it to right between the engine and glove box. I can hear it if i put my head down near the hood.
It is real distinctive and annoying, since i am out of the warranty i cannot go check it out. When i had a 2004 GTI there was none of that sound so i know it isn't normal.
Please update this thread when someone finds a fix.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Re: (pkny)

Quote, originally posted by pkny »
Just went out and drive for 10mins. I am sure it is not the climatic controller. Is the fuel line tick a recall?

I think you have the Mk V fuel line rattle. Last I heard the repair is covered under warranty with a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), and has not been elevated to a recall. My dealer performed the TSB on my car last December and the noise has not returned.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: (jimb)

i guess i have a car with a mkIV body but the soul of a mk5
Does this problem decrease MPG or is it just an annoyance that doesnt have to be fixed?

Modified by pkny at 1:55 AM 9-7-2007

·
Registered
1 Posts

oK, I have the Climatronic then. But there's no way that clicking sound is normal, it clicks consistently, not just three times. It only clicks when we are not running the Climatronic. When it's on, no noise at all but when its off it's a constant clicking sound like the sound of a wall clock ticking to the seconds.
Buddy you hit the nail on the Fing head...this noise has been driving me nuts I wish I could play sound Clip of this...it's like a dripping tap but it's a dripping old grandfather clock just a tad bit less refined...I was told it was my fan relay which coincidently isn't working but I swear this BS was happening then already. My ac pump packed up and the price versus the quick response time and torque of the electric windows and sunroof that unleashes gushing air entering through 5 widely opened points at 60-120km/h (rsa highway limit) does not justify me replacing it....

I felt like Noone else shares my pain and here you are...may God bless you and you family as well as your home and vehicles....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts