VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Agreed, it's one of the "bell-and-whistle" GLX items of lesser importance, but sometime last winter (after a freezing rain as I recall) my automatic passenger mirror tilt-down-in-reverse feature stopped working. I park almost every day next to a curb where it was very halpful. The manual mirror positioning works fine from the "joy stick" and I'll admit I haven't checked fuses, but I'd imagine that if I can position the mirror manually, the fuse should be OK. Anyone with experience trouble shooting this feature? I keep the mirror knob set on the right mirror position...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: GLX Passenger mirror auto-tilt failure (P. E. Johnston)

when i lost the auto-tilt / reverse feature, it turned out to be connected to the seat presets. i hadn't reprogrammed them or anything but it got blipped out somehow. if you programmed the presets to a particular key fob, have you switched key fobs? regardless, resave your seat preferences to memory and be sure to keep the door mirror control on "R". i have a 5-speed and had it in reverse but that's how park so i'm not sure you would really have to do this with the Tip. it restored the auto-tilt.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: GLX Passenger mirror auto-tilt failure (P. E. Johnston)

If you put your car in to "seat program mode", then into reverse you can program the pass side view mirror to fold down to your desired position. Then hold whichever seat memory button you use and it should "remember" how far to fold the mirror when you put the car into reverse. Try this and see if it works, if so maybe the car just "forgot" If you need any more help let me know.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: GLX Passenger mirror auto-tilt failure (Corradodrvrfnd)

It's miracle! I've discovered a cure for Alzheimer's Disease! (At least when it comes to the GLX's short term memory of mirror positions!) After reprogramming my seats following VeeDubDude and Corradodrvrfbd's advice, my curb-side parking skill has been restored - now if I can only discover the seat-memory-button-of-life... Seriously, this rather trivial episode reminds me of the value of the 'tex - sharing common experiences which promote the Common (Passat) Good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.