VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any advantage to including the GLX rack swap into a TDI(hard to steer) car when doing the big brake upgrade? I hope it would have a lower steering effort even if I had to switch pumps too.Any of you swappers out there had any experience here?

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Re: GLX steering rack into a TDI (50harleyrider)

it's the same rack. I have the same B4 TDI as you with 180k miles, no steering problems. Maybe you wanna do some diagz on your system

·
Registered
554 Posts
Re: GLX steering rack into a TDI (ABF Jeff)

Different racks for sure, ZF vs. TRW. The tie rods are different as well. I can't offer too much more than that other than I swapped a 1Z drivetrain into a GLX wagon and the plus suspension needs to have the ZF rack, lower control arms, knuckles and tie rods all together, these parts don't mix and match all that well. Sure you might be able to use TRW ends on ZF inner tie rods and ZF rack but I heard that there aren't too many threads in reserve.
The ZF has a little more boost and a faster ratio than the TRW but I haven't noticed much, I do like the plus suspension design much better than the regular TDI suspension though.

Modified by SEAT at 2:00 PM 11-7-2007

1 - 4 of 4 Posts