VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be purchasing an 09 GTI within the next week. ::werd::
I originally wanted one in white, but they seem very find to hard in the base model (m/t, no options). I started considering the car in black, and it is growing on me. think it will look great either way.
what do u think?
thx!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Re: go for the Black or White 09 GTI?.?. (pcpower)

I have a candy white GTI, and wish I could have gotten a black one
although, people on here tend to love CW
Ultimately, get whatever you like better, you're the one that has to drive it

·
Registered
708 Posts
I vote black if you have no plans on painting the lowers.
If you are down for painting the lowers, I vote white.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I have a candy white. My freind has Black. They both look good. Ultimately it is up to you.
I personaly think that black may be the way to go as there seem to be fewer of them on
the road. A little more unique.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Re: go for the Black or White 09 GTI?.?. (Boosted2003!)

i vote for white! I am a bit biased though... my mk4 was black and while it looked so good when freshly washed/ waxed, it was a b!tch to keep clean... ive noticed that when my gti is dirty, from afar, it still looks clean... you really have to get close to tell its dirty... i will think long and hard to buy another black car... im kinda anal with clean cars though... sometimes would wash my mk4 gli every other day, or atleast once a week...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

thx for the opinions.
talk to me about visual/paint mods. I'm thinkin on a black GTI a hint of red or white, somewhere, I don't know where, would look good. like a side sill or something not too blatant..... maybe even painting the brake calipers. give it a little uniqueness, you know?
and on the white... hmm I dunno............ it looks very good as is, might look great though w/ black rims,, have a whole black/white two-tone thing going on.
thx

·
Registered
41 Posts

I have black, even though I thoguht white was better for while, but I have grown to like black over time. Besides, the black is not flat, it has metalic in it, so it eliminates swirl on it. Like someone mentioned above, black looks better if you plan to keep the original valance.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts

the black is sick...plus the red stripe and brake calipers go well with the color
also like most have said the lowers look great with black
i liked black gti's so much i traded in a previous mkv to ge one

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: go for the Black or White 09 GTI?.?. (nastybags)

cooL.
ok I will just ask the dumb question. what exactly are the "lowers" that several people have referenced? lowering springs? lower side skirts? anyone have a pic of painted lowers?
I will do search now too on the forums.. hehe

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

no matter what you buy you're gonna wish you bought the other one... happened to me with my 350Z, my Cobra, the Rabbit...
just go with the one that you get a better price on cause you;re gonna regret it no matter what haha

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Re: go for the Black or White 09 GTI?.?. (vdubCorrado)

I would wait for the MK6 GTI. Its less than a year away. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
101 Posts
I originally wanted White but I ended up with black. Im glad I did what I did. It is a pain to keep clean but i dont drive it that often. And only hand washes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts