VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may recall I had an unfortunate accident with a dog at thanksgiving, breaking my grill,one headlight and leaving a nice crease in my hood. Well, about a month later my mom backed into my rrado and broke my other light and gave more damage to the hood. Damn. I called my insurance company and since we are both using the same carrier they covered it and waived the deductable. I took her toa nice body shop and had them do the work. New hood. New (US spec) Lights. New stock G60 grill. Paint, which included the fenders and bumper to blend. Doesnt sound like much but the price for all this was $3100. Damn. Insurance almost calimed total on a perfect running car with a dented hood and broken headlights. Im just glad I didnt have to pay that much for it myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: God bless insurance! (alu16L)

In Michigan u gotta be careful; if u have basic insurance in Michigan and sum one totalls your car and there was nothing you could do because it's the other guy's fault, their insurance doesn't cover you... you gotta save up and buy a new car! It's the "no fault" state. It's pretty much every every man for themselves. If your car gets jacked up, the fix it... doesn't matter what happened.
...it's happened to me. I wasn't exactly aware of the law here until a lady totalled my car. I was like "sweet I'm getting a new ride or money!" cuz I wanted to sell the thing anyway. Getting a new ride is damn right, but it came from my own pocket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts