VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkin bout black texture'd rubstrips cause they are cool like that. Yay or Nay?
also, if anyone has P/N's or have any sources where I can get these, please help me out!
heres a cool pic:

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: Goin Euro? (scsi)

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif Just my oppinion but that would be going Cheap Euro.
Here only the base models come out the Black Rubber Strips. In fact most people colour code them because it gives the car a cheapish image

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Goin Euro? (kenavery7)

IMO............non-painted rub strips look good on light colored cars (Silver, white, etc.) but on dark cars I think the painted ones look much better.

Modified by Subhuman3 at 2:37 PM 5-7-2003

·
Registered
337 Posts
Black rubstrips are not Euro. If anything, they are the Base line Euro. Look at the cars in Europe, only the low end cars have black rubstrips. All of the upper line models of the golf, bora, etc. are all color matched. In my opinion, going with black rub strips is like going gehto. Unless you have a color that black rubstrips look good on, IE.. The Pottermans One Lap Golf. That is cool looking.
This is just one mans opinion.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Re: (eastcoastbumps)

Quote, originally posted by eastcoastbumps »
I prefere shaved, however that costs considerably more.
Pete

ditto
and yes, shaved is probably more euro than black strip...

Modified by anto at 8:58 AM 5-7-2003

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Goin Euro? (scsi)

Quote, originally posted by scsi »
dpnds on the color of ur car sometimes

my car is Galactic Blue, much like the one pictured above. Hope that helps http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Re: Goin Euro (LuvMyVDub1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by LuvMyVDub1.8T »
Black rubstrips are not Euro. Look at the cars in Europe, only the low end cars have black rubstrips. In my opinion, going with black rub strips is like going ghetto.

So, you think a stock BMW 330i is "low end" and "ghetto"

And yet, the bling-bling crap with the blinding wagon wheels, slammed suspension, and asphalt-scraping body kits aren't ghetto

I don't get this forum any more. This place scares me.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Re: Goin Euro? (NFS7)

Rub stribs remind me of Volvos and BMW's and my MKII jetta. They are cool if you like that, but IMO matched is smoother on the car. It boils down to once again, what do you like. I am assuming since you are seriously considering them, you like the look. Go with it, as you'll never get everyone to agree here.

·
Registered
32,255 Posts
Re: Goin Euro (Helicon Twist)

Actually, sometimes I don't like it if the whole car is dipped to paint like for example some latest Jetta III's are. I like it more with unpainted rub strips. But mostly I like them painted, like on Boras/Jetta IV's. It's true that here the cheaper models' strips aren't painted. For example VW Polo has black rub strips and if you want them painted from the factory, it'll cost you like 150 € (about the same in $) here. I wanted mirrors and door handles of my SEAT Córdoba painted, but for some reason, it wasn't an option here for the Sport.
Signo, however, has them as standard.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: Goin Euro (Helicon Twist)

Quote, originally posted by Helicon Twist »

So, you think a stock BMW 330i is "low end" and "ghetto"

A BMW is not a VW! Calling black rubber strips Euro is sensless...in Europe only cheap models with no extras have black rubber strips.
Here there are Four different packages:
Base (cheapest) = NOT colour coded
Trendline = Colour coded
Comfortline = Colour Coded
Highline = Colourcoded
GTI = Colourcoded
With the black rubber strips you also get 14inch Hubcaps and the ugly rear lights

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.