VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called the guy. He lives about 40mins away from my house. I will be traveling opposite to the Daytona Speedway traffic so hopefully in about 2 hrs, i will have some pics and maybe one of you guys can help me put them up.
What are some things i should look for, cause for now, ill be keeping the stock motor. So any particular signs of damage or danger i should look for?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Goin to look at a Rocco (RabidRabbit84)

BTW...its the the '88 16v DOHC motor..5 speed...so if there is any known defects of this model, just give a warning before i i head down there so i can check it out.

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Re: Goin to look at a Rocco (RabidRabbit84)

Try to find one that hasn't been modded. Look for rust, etc.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Goin to look at a Rocco (Elwood)

So i get to the guys house. I have to take off the wires that are holding the hood in place. I open it and to my surprise, there is a bunch of rust and oil. The body was also bent. Both front headlights were broken, the grill was missing, and the metal frame that goes across the front that you bolt the headlights and grill onto was bent real bad. The back bumper was being held on by wires and there was major rust. However, the interior was pretty clean but i decided not to get it. Too much rust and body work would be needed. Im sure one of you guys wouldve loved the car as a project or spare parts, but for a 16 year old like myself, i do not have the money to be doing this kinda stuff...
I guess ill just have to keep my good ol' trusty GTI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts