VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Re: going to Kiel this summer... (96jetvr6)

Is that the time of the Kiel week sailings? If yes, you only need to go to the city centre or Kiel linie, its the place everyone goes.
It depends what you are interested in, party or culture.

·
Registered
622 Posts

Here is the link:
www.kiel.de
Under `Veranstaltungen` you can find about all events there are by just adding your time of visit.
Kiel is only like 70km from me.
My favourite club is the Atrium in Kiel-Raisdorf. just 10min by car from the city.
partyzone
Many speak english, esspecially the youngers.

[Modified by grasshopperdrag, 11:15 AM 3-20-2003]

[Modified by grasshopperdrag, 11:17 AM 3-20-2003]

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Re: going to Kiel this summer... (grasshopperdrag)

Hey that's cool. Kiel is cool. It's my town.
I'm going to university there. If you go there for Kiel Sailing week it should be some real fun. But I wouldn't recommend the Atrium too much... I prefer going to Luna Club or Max. But anyway you will have a great time. IM me if you need some detailled information.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: going to Kiel this summer... (DoktaJoch)

im also going there for school, its a month long intensive german class, i dont know what university, are there many car tuner shops in kiel?

·
Registered
195 Posts

While you're there, rent a Mercedes C240 Kompressor, and drive to Berlin. Get up to 158.5 MPH, and get two, count em, TWO speeding tickets in Construction zones on the Autobahn. At least that's what I did.
Then, go to Hannover and eat yourself into a coma.
Also, there's like one Irish pub in Kiel, and they have Caffrey's ale on tap, which is now unavailable in the US. Drink five or ten of them for me.
Have a wonderful time!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: going to Kiel this summer... (steveracer)

how far is berlin? how far going 158 mph? hehe how much was it to rent the car?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

Berlin is about 350 km from Kiel I think (don't know for sure). But if you rent a car you got to be really careful in areas where they have speed limits. The police is really ****** here in Kiel. Can't compare that to my hometown at all. The last months got really expensive for me.

Anyway, you'll have a good time over here in Kiel.
You know, German beer

·
Registered
622 Posts

when doing your berlin 160+mph dash, just let it roll out during the 25.-27. of July to end up at the VW Blasen in Luckau. this is situated just 50km south of berlin next to the autobahn towards cotbus.
This is not highly rewarded by most german mags, but i prefer this over the vwforum in castrop as it is situated in the east, giving more space, oportunities and fun than this or any other treffen in europe (including worthersee)!!!!!
I am a regular at this for 6 or 7 years now( yes i will get provoked on this) but do not care, still like it for the freedom and new trends to be seen there first.
when going there be prepared to be hindered by 20000+visitors/participants.
5000+cars!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: going to Kiel this summer... (grasshopperdrag)

do you think it is safe for americans to be in germany right now? i know most people in the world dont really agree with my countrys actions so i am wondering what kind of situation to expect.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

hmm... not an easy question. I think you are right, most Germans are not too happy about the Iraq war at the moment and there have been a lot of protests. But I think 99% of people over here know that beeing from a country does not necessarily mean that you have to agree with the politics of that country you are from. And then again, having different opinions on a political question and not liking some other people are still some different things. And you have to consider that it is not always as it looks in the media, here in Germany are also people who understand the US politics concerning the Iraq. So...
If I try to see Germany through the eyes of an US tourist at the moment, I would not change the plans for my trip, based on the current political situation, at all. I hope you will decide to come to Germany and I hope you will have some good expieriences with Germany and the Germans. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: going to Kiel this summer... (DoktaJoch)

thats good to hear, i dont want to alter the trip, i think this war is going to screw up the world for a long time. in the polls here the questions are definetly biased into making it seem as though the president has much more support that I think he really does. thanks for your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts