VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Re: Going to look at a 98 Jetta GLS tomorrow, what should I look for(problems)? (sirdUbsalot)

you're planning to sell your car on july 14th at 9 am? thats planning for ya

just usual stuff that you would look for in a used car. check to make sure the windows work. (window regulators have been a known problem). 2.0 is a good, pretty much bulletproof engine as long as it is taken care of. i cant think of anything else that may be an issue, my brain sucks right now. long weekend

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Going to look at a 98 Jetta GLS tomorrow, what should I look for(problems)? (mackie421)

I'm not good with numbers so sue me
I knew about the window regulators I think that is pretty much a requirement of VW's and Audi's. The windows in my mom's GT Coupe take about 10 years to go up and down now, and I used to have to pull the panel off to switch the wires back and forth from the one button that worked.
Anyway back on topic, anymore suggestions?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Re: Going to look at a 98 Jetta GLS tomorrow, what should I look for(problems)? (sirdUbsalot)

Sunroof regulators often go bad too. I can't really think of anything else, I don't really know the 8v engine that well.

·
Registered
16,737 Posts
Re: Going to look at a 98 Jetta GLS tomorrow, what should I look for(problems)? (Letsgopens13)

check out the car buying/selling forum http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Going to look at a 98 Jetta GLS tomorrow, what should I look for(problems)? (Jetta2NR)

Found it, but I still think that A3 owners would be better at giving me a heads-up as to what I should look for.

Modified by sirdUbsalot at 6:28 PM 7-1-2003

1 - 6 of 6 Posts