VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to San Antonio next week for work, but i'll have some time off also. Any cool places to go check out? Landmarks, restaurants that you guys recomend?
TIA

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
alamo, da malls, umm just drive around, hard to tell u due to the fact i dont live there anymore and now they have the new highway and ish so i cant say much, maybe the 7 churches or sumtin like that, ummm guadalupe river, and i forget, just to help alil
wes

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Re: (DA_LUV_4_DA_DUB)

There is a bar off the River Walk called "Howl at the Moon". The have a dualing grand piano troop thats hysterical. Drive your MK3 thru the front door for content, but you should have a good time. The Alamo is cool but tiny so dont plan a day out of it. Also there is a Six Flags Texas not too far from San Antonio which is pretty cool but hot as nuts.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
walk the river walk, ummmmmm some clubs called borders i think it is, or sumtin i forget, there is a lot to do i mean its all a matter of what you wanna do, i think they still have schlitterbahn and splashtown waterparks fun as hell there aight peace
Wes

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Re: (stevevr6)

Schlitterbahn is about a half hour drive north in New Braunfels... it's the largest waterpark in the U.S. I've never been there personally though.
The Quarry Market is also pretty nice. It's basically a yuppy shopping center. If you do end up going there, pick up a philly cheesesteak at Malik's Philly's Phamous... those things are friggin huge and delicious.
Other places have already been mentioned... Alamo, Six Flags. The Riverwalk has a bunch of good restaurants and bars. I usually eat at the County Line for Bar-b-q or Casa Rio for Mexican food.
Have Fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts