VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okie....bout time i took the car back to the track...since last time i was at the track i only added a catback exhaust...Still stock everything besides in sig
Im takeing out back seats, my system, and takeing out the spare at the track....
What should i run my PSI on the tires at...i have stock 17inch with OEM tires still on....The front tires are kinda warn out but it seems it has made me launch the car better

Anywho....!
its ganna be 80F
so im expecting hella heat soak not to mention the one hour ride up to the track....
Any tips would be great...cant get anything better then in the 15s
....Shooting for atleast a high 14!
To hit the 14s with stock boost and what not what kind of 60ft do i have to pull off? i wanna see if 14s are even possible stock
iv seen it done!

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Re: Going to Track....Need some INFO :) (DimcheMKV)

Bag of ice to ice down the intake manifold. Also, a bug sprayere(like 20-30$), is a great combatant to heat soak. Spray down the IC and radiator with ice water between runs.
good luck

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

Pull a 2.3x 60' and you should run a 14. Run about 28 psi in the fronts, shift at redline, and hold third. Just try not to be nervous on the line.

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Going to Track....Need some INFO :) (VDUBNDizzy)

dont know if you read my ealier post but ehhh didnt do so well

Got a 15.1 at a 2.360ft at 93 trap
On a full tank of gas
with no seats and no spare
IC i was watering down between runs with a water bottle and let the car cool...Intake felt cool to the touch so i was asumeing before eatch run the car was cool enoff
I dont think i did so bad considering the full tank of gas!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

defintely not too bad... might need to work on shifting quicker...but defintely not bad...

·
Registered
5,714 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DimcheMKV »

On a full tank of gas
with no seats and no spare

There lies your problem...14 gallon tank of gas weighs ALOT

Modified by fahrfrumlosin at 10:05 AM 7-7-2003

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

14 gallons of gas is about 84 lbs so equal to the seats he took out. Are you taking all the stereo stuff out?

·
Registered
30,116 Posts
Re: Going to Track....Need some INFO :) (VDUBNDizzy)

when r u going to the track? try to go on tuesday night.... i will be up there http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
EDIT: that is if u go to great lakes dragway

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Going to Track....Need some INFO :) (JettaDude101)

i havent been to great lakes in awyle...i go to byron now....i like GLD but there timeing is kinda off its werid
Yea i took out my subs and amp...no back seats...and took out the spare....60fts could use some work i agree
ANd i dont power shift
...i think im ganan try that next time

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

80degrees, and you expect heat soak? LOL. I went to the track the other day and it was like 96degrees, i couldn't run better than a 14.7 and trap higher than 93mph. Now that's heat soak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts