VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted last week about my H&R FRONT bent struts and im wondering if i buy bilstein shocks and use the springs that came with the cupkit would that be ok ? will the car be lower up front or no difference ? anyone know if the springs that come with the cupkit are sport or race springs ?
please i need to know before i buy the shocks

the car is a mk4 GTI VR6
THNKS

Modified by GTIVR6MK4 at 2:03 PM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: Going with rare Setup need help (GTIVR6MK4)

I suspect the Cup Kit springs are neither the Race or the Sport springs as the cup kit lowers more than either of those.
H&R does market their line of adjustable sport damers made by Koni. MK IV applications are listed in the 2004 H&R catalog. You may want to find out if they are available in the USA (MK II/MK III versions are already here)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: Going with rare Setup need help (GTIVR6MK4)

Hello,
You can use the Bilstein struts and shocks with your Cup Kit springs and the height of your car will not change.
As far as what springs come in the Cup Kits, they are specific to only the H&R Cup Kit line of suspensions. They fall in between the Sport and the Race springs when it comes to stiffness.
If you have any farther questions, you can contact me via e-mail at [email protected]
[email protected]
604-944-0494

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.