VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i have a 09 golf (mk6) and the sunroof drain is leaking inside .. i can clearly see that when i pour water into the drain it leaks on the drivers side (left) on my left corner, it comes from somewhere behind the dash
does anyone have the sketch of the sunroof drain lines (tubes) so maybe i could find out where it was disconnected ?? also if its a common problem (with this specific location) if someone had it fixed and could give me a game plan that would be great! thanks you guys!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
the sunroof drains run through tubes that get clogged. these run down the pillars on either side of your windshield. There is also a catchall area where leaves and debris collect. its toward the back of your hood. When you open the hood, look in the back corners at the top of the fenders and make sure those drains are clear of debris. also, if the drain "baskets" come out, look down and be sure there is nothing clogging the inner fender drainage area. I have heard of guys using cable or and air gun to clean the roof drain tubes......

JP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts