VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Golf 8 dashboard is a terrible mistake

96K views 394 replies 122 participants last post by  CDNjetta 
#1 ·
Volkswagen will deeply regret replacing their familiar tactile dashboard on the Golf - with real knobs and buttons - with a touchscreen and slider controls. It is so much easier to adjust airconditioning or volume by twisting a knob. People like to touch and feel things - not just tap and swipe.

Apple learned this lesson the hard way when they removed the Escape key on their Macbooks and replaced the physical function buttons with a virtual panel. They were forced to reintroduce the old physical button after a public outcry.

Obviously the Golf 8 designers looked at Tesla and thought they should copy them by removing all the knobs and buttons. But Tesla is a completely different value proposition driven by many early adopters - and even Tesla drivers complain about the lack of basic knobs for aircon and volume. They put up with these faults because the rest of the Tesla cars are so good.

I own a Golf 7 which I absolutely love. I chose it over a BMW 1 series and a small Mercedes because it is so much better for everyday driving. But I will certainly not upgrade to a Golf 8 because I don’t want to have to deal with that ridiculous new virtual dashboard.

I am not alone in my criticism on this point - numerous car reviewers have complained how difficult it is to use this new dashboard. it’s such a shame because everything else about the new Golf 8 seems wonderful. But the dashboard is a dealbreaker.

See less See more
#245 ·
I’ll be 49 in a few weeks, traded my Mk7 in on a Mk8, and have no issues whatsoever with the new UI. I also never talk to my car for commands, so there’s that.

The reason this thread sucks is because it got 2 month necro bumped. And beforehand, people were commenting from journalist reviews, but never having used it themselves.

My wife’s Mk7 is right next to it in the garage, and feels dated now in comparison when I drive it.

#275 ·
I’m 70 years old and not only do I love the digital dashboard, I also love the rear dynamic camera, the the retractable exterior mirrors, all the options for the instrumentation as well as the well designed shortcuts, the ambiance lighting, the electronic transmission « Remington » button. I also love my iPhone 12 mini, my iPad. And I don’t see where there is a big problem with all these complaints. Oh, I dig the voice activating functions also, wonderful, the keyless proximity, and lot of other things…
I drove the car 1/2 an hour and felt at home after this adaptation. What are people struggling so much with, I mean automatic wipers, automatic lighting, automatic temperature setting, blind spot monitoring, can change radio settings in 2 second with voice, or with the steering buttons. Jesus get an 1967 Austin Healey MK III if your so fond of vintage buttons…

#295 ·
Good review - and agree with their thoughts on driving dynamics.

I would however push back on some of their comments on the interior (of course ;)) and price.

The system is not as slow as they made it sound - it is as quick as the industry standard (except for extremely cold starts). It does not take multiple steps to change climate unless you are talking about fan speed, which honestly is not as much of a problem with Auto CC. The Climate button says CLIMA and the Defrost is on the left - ok honestly, who cares about this one. Reviewers step into the Mk8 interior looking for complaints at this point.

I also keep seeing everyone comment on the price for the Mk8 even though starting is right under 30K. The Mk7, which came out in 2015, started at ~25K. If you account for inflation, 25K in 2015 = 30K in 2022. The Mk7 Autobahn was 30.5K in 2015, which translates to right under 37K in 2022 Dollars. I know this is an overly simplified take, but there are too many people living in the 2018 car market that don't realize what prices (at least in the US) look like.

#296 ·
Good review - and agree with their thoughts on driving dynamics.

I would however push back on some of their comments on the interior (of course ;)) and price.

The system is not as slow as they made it sound - it is as quick as the industry standard (except for extremely cold starts). It does not take multiple steps to change climate unless you are talking about fan speed, which honestly is not as much of a problem with Auto CC. The Climate button says CLIMA and the Defrost is on the left - ok honestly, who cares about this one. Reviewers step into the Mk8 interior looking for complaints at this point.

I also keep seeing everyone comment on the price for the Mk8 even though starting is right under 30K. The Mk7, which came out in 2015, started at ~25K. If you account for inflation, 25K in 2015 = 30K in 2022. The Mk7 Autobahn was 30.5K in 2015, which translates to right under 37K in 2022 Dollars. I know this is an overly simplified take, but there are too many people living in the 2018 car market that don't realize what prices (at least in the US) look like.
Finally a good take on price issues and interior issues.

Price: This is no longer dieselgate 2015-2016 VW. Inflation alone is a reason the MK8 is more, but also standard features. Auto Climate, heated seats and steering wheel, ambient lighting, led lighting(people used to pay for this), oil cooler, IQ Drive(assist systems). How much do you want them to take out so we can have a 25k price tag.

Interior: Everyone has their opinion on this. I know I won't change it and so will nobody else.
At it's current state I would argue 75% of buyers will not care at all. Will look at it and say it reminds them of Porshe/Audi/Mercedes/Tesla/Ford ect. all companies who are moving towards screens and no physical knobs.

Takeaway: Buy it if you want or don't.
No matter what you think this is a discussion that has and will be made many times until it's changed and people will complain them. In three years when there is a refresh we will have to wait and see if VW will go back on their decision or continue with it. We have to remember not every car is for everyone.

#270 ·
Oh dear, what have VW done? Ruined a good car with a terrible dashboard. I have had a mk 8 for a month now as a loan car and the car is frustrating and arguably dangerous. Unlit, poorly located sliders have replaced the heater controls which require constant adjustment when driving depending on ambient outside temperatures. This means my eyes are off the road for far too long while driving as I cannot make micro adjustments on the move which I can do with conventional buttons. Cannot permanently disengage lane assist or front radar so the car constantly wobbles when I switch lanes or even go through roadworks. Vehicle brakes when it wants too not when I decide. Steering wheel too thick for small hands. Really good car ruined by an idiot who thinks 1.5 tons of moving metal behaves like an iPhone...bad move VW.

#271 ·
It's only a matter of time before the legal system catches up and realises that touchscreens in cars are inherently dangerous. This recent court case in Germany involving a Tesla shows how ridiculous the situation has become, when a driver tried to adjust his wipers and became lost in a maze of onscreen menus - thus causing a crash. See link below. No doubt we'll see similar cases involving Golf 8 models.

#326 ·
As a MK8 owner and having owned 6 previous VWs including MK6, MK7 and MK7.5 Golfs, I think the complaints about the MK8 lack of buttons and knobs is completely overblown and is mostly coming from those who haven't spent any extended time, if any time at all actually using the controls. Did I like the 3 knob climate controls and physical buttons, yes and if upto me I probably would've kept those controls, and added the large, customizable touchscreen of the MK8 while keeping those controls. However it is really pretty easy to adjust everything, and many years ago the knobs and buttons replaced levers and sliders that moved physical cables and people surely complained about losing the physical connection and having to look at a knob or button vs pushing a lever where there was a direct correlation of position and what temp or vent location that meant, vs an ambiguous knob that you can spin and spin and spin in either direction and not know what setting it was at without looking at it. Some people struggle with change. The complainers also fail to acknowledge the additional functionality, customization and options that the new setup provides.

Sure, it's not perfect, and it certainly will be refined, but owning the car and living with it day to day, I like the way it works and don't struggle to perform any of the basics tasks that non-owners seem intent on convincing us don't work well despite the fact that we own the cars and use these functions, while most of them don't and maybe have never even sat in the car, much less operated these functions.

#161 ·
For everyone making a judgement on the cockpit from reviewers who only have a limited Time with the car and especially with videos, have to push out content so really don't spend the time learning the system, plus usually have more than one vehicle at the same time to review. Go onto groups where there are actual owners and it doesn't seem that bad. How quick did you get used to buttonless cockpit?

#277 ·
I think there are several cross currents at play here. First, I have no problems granting anyone validity in their distaste for the change. Interaction has become more indirect and with less feedback, and that's not as satisfying or reachable for everyone alike.

What's more, we have the mythos of the MK7.x as the perfect interior ever to grace Volkswagendom. Anything that deviates will be, by definition, a downgrade. There are also insecure owners from previous gens who want to think of their car as the pinnacle of achievement and they are going to amplify anything they can to create negative comparisons - whether consciously or unconsciously. Philosophically, we have controls that move towards the direction of electric cars, yet with a vehicle that is being sought after by ICE enthusiasts wanting to prolong the days of a more raw experience for as long as possible. It's a jarring harmonic distortion in the way that they expect the vehicle to play. It creates a madness that drives them to poke and flail at the infotainment like a monkey with ADD, reinforcing their distaste with every primal stroke (okay maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but it balances out some of the absurd comparisons between the Infotainment and texting while driving, and I was having fun with this :p).

So while I think the infotainment is perfectly adequate, safe, and at times elegant, I also see a big miss here from VW in terms of knowing their audience. It was a huge change, and one that does not track very well with the demographic. It works for me, but it also does not surprise me at the hate it has gotten.

#278 ·
I had a Gti rabbit and now my MK8 autobahn. The new system is better IMO. You can use the talk assist in the car and turn off/on your heated seats/wheel. You dont even have to touch anything lol.
The auto high beam actually works pretty well.
Hell, how much time are you spending playing with the screen when you should be driving?

#4 ·
I agree. Honda did the same thing and added a volume knob on their latest infotainment system after so many negative comments made about it.
Every new Golf released I actually liked, always liked how it evolved. After selling my MK7 Golf .:R I was planning on getting the MK8. I watched the VW reveal live on youtube.....I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it, and 2 weeks later went and got myself a MK7.5 .:R instead. I don’t like the front fascia at all, the rear looks too much like a T-Roc SUV, and the the main reason I dislike it is the fact that there are no more physical buttons for anything. Also VW did a tremendous amount of cost cutting compared to the MK7.5. I saw a list of all the features eliminated in a German car review video and it’s quite a few. I bet VW will update the interior on the MK8.5 or MK9.
All the touchscreen crap should gave been only available as an option instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
...….Also VW did a tremendous amount of cost cutting compared to the MK7.5. I saw a list of all the features eliminated in a German car review video and it’s quite a few. I bet VW will update the interior on the MK8.5 or MK9.
All the touchscreen crap should gave been only available as an option instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah VW do cost cutting alright. Only time will tell but I think they will cost cut themselves. I'm not buying MK8.

#132 ·
The problem I have with reviews from journalists is they rarely have the car long enough to really learn it. Now that actual customers are receiving cars the whole all screen thing seems to be a non issue. As an example you can have shortcuts on the screen so there is no need to scroll through a ton of menus to say get to the climate control, or radio. For me I will set it up as Radio, climate control, seats, and one other, not sure as those are the ones I would use daily. Drive modes are accessed by pressing the R button on the steering wheel, and volume, just like the mk7/7.5 is also on the steering wheel. Navigation I already have in my speedo screen in my 7.5 so will have the same in the 9, and navigation I use Waze or Google maps on my phone anyway. Below is an actual owner talking about the car. As you can read the difficulty of the infotainment is blown out of proportion. Basically as with any new car purchase, from any manufacture now, take the time to learn the tech and it will be fine. The days of just jumping in a car and driving are long gone.
Tech
This is always going to be divisive topic no doubt, and much has been written and said about the buttonless interior of the Golf 8, but having driven my car daily for a few hundred miles using the tech both stationary and on the move, here’s my thoughts on it. I’m enjoying the new tech very much, including the haptic buttons (some of which can still be pressed like traditional buttons, and with a light press or a firm press for different function; and some, such as volume button and next music track button on the steering wheel, can be used both as slider controls as well as press buttons) the infotainment and steering wheel slider controls and the generally very responsive touch screen. There are a variety of ways to access the infotainment features including customisable shortcuts which does make things easier. Some things I miss from the mk7, namely a quick accessible fan dial but I’ve found pretty much everything else absolutely fine using either the touchscreen, the slider controls, the haptic buttons under the infotainment screen and the steering wheel haptic controls. I find the menus (now I’ve had a good explore of them) to be easy to navigate but I’d highly recommend anyone spend a few hours in the car stationary familiarising yourself with it all. The ability to quickly disable Lane Assist using the button on the end of the indicator stalk is a godsend. Even turning off Stop/Start (which I hate) is only a quick swipe down of the infotainment screen for the quick shortcut menu as it’s already wisely a default on that menu. I’d prefer to permanently code it off but until such time, this is a quick method. Ive not had any loss of concentration using the various controls whilst on the move though I know this is a contentious issue, but my own experience so far is that they are perfectly useable in motion. I have had a couple of glitches being a slow screen on two occasions and an occasion where one of the heated seat icons vanished but a hard reset (press on button for 20 secs) brought it back. In an ideal world tech and software would work without any glitches but this is reality and so whilst not accepting of repeated failures (not experienced) I am accepting and philosophical about a few relatively minor glitches, so far. I think some of the gremlins suffered by the earlier software and hardware versions have been addressed. I expect there may be some things that will come along to frustrate with the software but atm be edit of the doubt. And in daily usage so far, I’m enjoying this new tech aspect.

#182 ·
These 90 seconds (starting 3 minutes into the video), sum up what’s so wrong about the Golf 8 screen-based cockpit. ‘On a bench or in a lab, all these screens might look cool but when you use it in real life, it is absolutely frustrating!’

If any VW designers are reading this, please remember that your design ethos has always been ‘form follows function’, which made your cars so user friendly. But now it seems that your ethos is ‘function follows form’ – which is the wrong way around.

A button or knob will always be so much easier and safer to use while driving, compared to looking down at screen and trying to tap or swipe it. This is not rocket science – it’s common sense.

#208 ·
I've read through the thread and watched a handful of reviews, and maybe it's in here somewhere but I didn't see it - how many of these screens are disabled while the car is moving? I'm willing to give the touchscreen a shot, but if I can't adjust HVAC or music settings while the car is moving that could be a dealbreaker. In my MK7 GTI several screens cannot be adjusted while moving, even by the passenger.

#215 ·
Just watched a mk8 infotainment review from a guy in the UK that owns a mk7.5. After spending several days in a mk8 he said the infotainment system is what he missed most when getting back into his mk7.5.

This confirms my suspicions that the system is simply a new learning curve that needs a few hours/days to get used to, much like going from a PC to a Mac, or an Android to an iPhone, or a 1911 to a Glock, for the first time.

#229 · (Edited)
In a former life, I spent a few years as an auto repair technician. (working on VW, Renault, Fiat, Peugeot, MG, Triumph, Jaguar and so on)

After that, I spent 34 years doing aerosol filling and aerosol process development.

I spent my whole profession life with mechanical devices.

Do I like the touch slider buttons in the 8? No. I liked the heat controls in the 7 / 7.5 much better.

In defense, after a few weeks I am getting used to the touch controls. Fan and cabin temp are a "set and forget" for the most part. If I am cold, a couple of touches (after a couple of days, you find the touch pad without looking) and I add a few degrees of heat. The ability of adding that precision is really nice. You can set seat heat / cool to automatically turn on, same with steering wheel heat. Voice control can adjust heat, but I have not played with that much yet.

The jump in dash controls between the 7 & 8 huge. When someone goes from a iPhone 6 to a iPhone 13, there is a learning curve. Check back in a week and everything is fine.

Drive a car from 35 or so years ago (like my Mk.1 GTI), slide the heat lever, 1/4 inch one way and you roast, 1/4 inch the other way and you freeze. I loved that car, felt fast (for the day) great cut and thrust car in traffic. With only 90 ish horsepower, it was all done with gearing, and 4000 buzzy rpm at 80 mph. Lots of tactual feel in that experience. I ran Yokohama A001R tires on it and the grip was phenomenal.

The glass dash display works for me, choice of what, 5 different configurations - winner. My 7.5 R had one display.

The GTI is a $30-40K car.

I looked at a lot of cars, A3, A4 Allroad, Q5 Sportback MB 300 Coupe, BMW X4, all escalating costs. You tell yourself, it's only another $5,000, then another $5,000 and all of a sudden you are looking at a $68K Porsche Macan.

Last I heard, average price for a new car is $46K. Even with modest ADM an Autobahn is still less that that.

I understand if dash and touch controls are a turnoff enough to make you not want the car.

I don't think there is going back, maybe the Mk. 8 refresh will clean up complaints, Anyone of us who bought the first 600 or so GTI are doing the beta testing for VW.

My biggest gripe is the HK sound system. Fender was better. But this is for a separate sting.

#231 · (Edited)
The GTI is a $30-40K car.

I looked at a lot of cars, A3, A4 Allroad, Q5 Sportback MB 300 Coupe, BMW X4, all escalating costs. You tell yourself, it's only another $5,000, then another $5,000 and all of a sudden you are looking at a $68K Porsche Macan.

Last I heard, average price for a new car is $46K. Even with modest ADM an Autobahn is still less that that.
This. I have had my MK8 for a few weeks now. I agree that there are more hard plastics than there should be, and the haptic controls take some getting used to. However, the GTI still punches way above its weight.

Rather than comparing the MK8 to the MK7/7.5, take a look at what else is out there.

I paid sticker for my SE (~38K with Leather Seats). For that prices, I would be looking at a Base A3 or 228i - and even then, I would likely need to go CPO to get that low of a price. A 2020 S3 with 15K-20K Miles goes for about 45K in my area. Factor in lack of free maintenance, shorter/more limited warranty, and higher insurance costs, and we are no longer in the same price range.

2022 A3 - New - $38K
2022 228i - New - 38K

2020 S3 Premium - 15K Miles - $45K
2020 S3 Prestige - 20K Miles - $47K

If your main concern is ride comfort and interior quality, the A3/228i are likely the best option. If you want something just for fun, why not try the new BRZ/GT86 or a Miata. If you want something faster in a straight-line, for there's always the Mustang. Not sure what else is out there that does all of the above like the GTI.

I would agree that an upgrade may not be warranted if you are currently in a MK7.5 - but my previous car was a '20 Passat R-Line. Setting performance aside, the fit and finish in the GTI is worlds apart.

The market for CPO'ed MK7s is also outrageous at the moment. Per local listings, a CPO 2019 Autobahn with 18K Miles will set you back $34K (2019 GTI Autobahn - 18K Miles - $34K). A 2019 S with 15K Miles, about $31K (2019 GTI S - 15K Miles - $31K). While I am sure they will sell for less, hard to justify going to a previous generating for ~$5K in savings... Not to mention taking out a multi-year loan on an asset that is already 3+ years old.

Financing is also a huge part of the buying process. As a 23 year old buying a new car, VW has been more aggressive in offering incentives and affordable financing. Interest rates also tend to be slightly lower on new cars. This is not nearly as important for cash buyers, but worth noting nonetheless.

Edit: What has changed significantly is quite simply the price of cars. $25K no longer gets you a GTI - but a Jetta or Civic. $65K no longer gets you an M3 - but a M340i. if you had told me I would be paying $38K for a golf a few years back, I would have laughed. But that is just the reality of today.

#273 ·
I wonder if this is a generational thing, not sure how many of you were born in the 40's and 50's but for those of us who were, it is likely that (like me) we have had to learn to deal with many modern techy things (like social media) that we find distasteful or do not understand the need for. The dashboard in the GTI does not even rate a 1 on that scale for me, I have yet to hit the wrong button inadvertently turn on or off something or had any issues (I still have yet to look at the manual) with any functions on the car. Granted this is only used as a winter fun car (I have 650 miles now which is a lot for 7 weeks of ownership for me), but I have spent enough time in the car to realize (I have gotten rid of at least 3 dozen cars in less that 100 miles, so I'm not known for my patience with things that annoy me) that I am glad I bought my GTI and plan to keep it a long time (also rare for me). After reading these 14 pages it maybe that those of you who were born in the age of technology seem to be more sensitive to the way it functions.

#274 ·
I wonder if this is a generational thing
I think it is and a mix of people hating change. I am 21 and find this system easy as hell to use. I haven't had any issues with it and think people that think it's dangerous are overthinking the simplest of things. From some people on here they make it sound like you drive the car through the screen. I think as cars and companies like VW(GTI/R and ID.4), Tesla, Audi(Q8,A7), Mercedes(S Class),Volvo, people will get used to this. Not only is cheaper for them, I don't think it will change any time soon, if ever

#346 ·
I agree it is overblown and overall I still prefer my MK8 interior to my MK7 - easily. But I am also glad to see that they are going to bring the pendulum back a bit because they swung it too far too quickly IMO. It would be one thing if they made the software investment to make this a top notch UI experience, but there are too many glitches and no design should leave you without access to things like HVAC controls, and this definitely happens to some people in some circumstances. It has been a year since I bought my MK8 and there is still not a single software update for it. If you are going to go all in on a user screen experience that looks and feels like a smart phone, you had better be prepared to support it like a smart phone. They are too slow to support this new dynamic that they have created and they should dial it back to maintain a more familiar driving experience for most people until they can do it better. My $.02

#374 ·
I'm reading lots of complaints but it's a non-issue to me. I enjoy the simple clean looking interior without a bunch of buttons and knobs all over the place. The steering wheel haptic controls work well for me and I like them more than traditional buttons found in older models. Overall I think the interior looks modern as it should in 2023.

#6 ·
One of the major things VW USED to have going for it was they still had hard buttons for many functions like heated seats etc and the twist knobs rather than cheaping out and putting it all on the touchscreen the way many other brands did. Now, at a time when Kia and Hyundai and upping their game dramatically and making sure their hot new vehicles still have hard buttons, VW totally misreads the moment and decides to eliminate virtually everything for the touch screen. You've also got grands like Mazda that arguably compete with VW and seem to be judging better and keeping the hard buttons. Disappointing.

#11 ·
I used to feel the same way about the touchscreen and the desire to have buttons. Something that I could adjust by muscle memory. Then we got a new Volvo with everything but the volume button more or less within the touchscreen. I will say it takes a little bit of getting used to. But I also came to the realization that I am not adjusting things that much. I mean you set the temperature and more or less forget about it, since it has auto-control. For music it is either something loaded into the stereo, off of the iPhone via Car-Play, or just terrestrial radio. But again, we aren't switching things that much. And if we need to skip a song, we use the controls that are on the steering wheel. I sort of feel like if you are switching things so often that you are worried about not being able to keep your focus on the road, maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place, or you need to pull over and do what you need to do.

Change is tough, but I have to think these car manufacturers, who are sinking millions of dollars into these systems, are testing them and getting ample feedback before they just throw it into the car, hoping that the public will like it. Sure not everyone is going to like a system 100%, but that's good. It drives the manufacturers to refine and develop better systems down the road.

Until we sit in it, and test it for ourselves, its hard to really know if it works for us or not.

#89 ·
Just thought I would bring this back to light a little.... I got a loaner 2021 Arteon today, and the interior is very much all touchscreen. There are a couple knobs (volumn and a menu (?)). Otherwise the steering wheel appears to be identical or very similar to the GTI/R that will be coming our way hopefully later this year. It has both touch and haptic feedback. HVAC controls are also touch down in the middle.

Overall it wasn't as bad as I would have thought. Granted I think I am one of the few that might be a little more used to the touchscreen style controls due to other vehicles that we own. That being said, I can see it taking a few drives to really get the sense of where the buttons are located and what each does. I am coming from a MK6, so I don't have all the assistance controls that newer models have and those were on the steering wheel. So it was a little confusing at times. But the indentations or feel is good. I think with a couple drives or more seat-time, one would get a sense of where things are.

The volume control on the steering wheel can either have your thumb slide left-right to raise-lower volume, or you can push each side to raise or lower the volume. Is it as quick or as easy to spin a knob... no, but it wasn't bad for the little bit I drove it this morning.

HVAC I essentially put it in Auto and let it do its own thing. Sliding the temp one way or another wasn't a big deal, but I also did that while at a stop light. Not sure how comfortable I would feel adjusting it while driving. But, I think you are also supposed to be able to control that with your voice. I didn't try it (yet), but might try it this afternoon. Again, I am more of a set it and forget it kind of guy.

The Arteon has wireless charging and wireless apple car-play. Both worked very well. Again my MK6 doesn't have those features, so it is more impressive to me. Even our new Volvo doesn't have the wireless car-play or wireless charging.

Dashboard seems similar and I liked how you can have the different views. Really like the full view of the navigation with the speed and gear selection along the bottom. Felt very Audi-like, but with out the Google satellite view. I think the GTI/R will have more "race" inspired views, but overall a nice feel.

I will have the car for the remainder of the afternoon and maybe overnight depending on length of meetings this afternoon. Ask questions and I can try and answer them while I have the car. Even though it's not the same thing, I think it is a good stepping stone towards what the GTI/R will bring.

#100 ·
Just thought I would bring this back to light a little.... I got a loaner 2021 Arteon today, and the interior is very much all touchscreen...
Appreciate you sharing some real world experience. I think this is going to be a great car. I'm in my 50s and I'm excited about the minimalist aesthetic and design, along with the new technology.

My Mk 7.5 GTI has been really great, but I'm looking forward to the added features and performance of the Mk 8 R.

-Chris

#129 ·
I guarantee once you live with the car for a week or two controlling everything will be second nature. I remember when we first saw the mk8 everyone was saying how ugly it is. Now that we have seen it more and more it looks great. Don’t we all want something new and different for the most part. Evolution of the automobile, might as well get used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.