VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 7-10 miles of running the car shuts off without warning. When I try to restart it, the engine just shutters and shakes really hard. As soon as I let go of the key do nothing. After several hours of waiting it restarted I was able to get the car home. Now I'm afraid to go anywhere in it. Being homeless and just getting a place, I just now started taking a look at the car and found that it had 5 codes looking to relate to evap system. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea which one of the many codes it was that would possibly be causing this. I asked AutoZone for a printout of the codes, instead they gave me a printout of what they think the most likely part would be so I have no idea what codes are there. I cannot currently trust the car to go back to AutoZone because I can't handle another long walk. (5way bypass) does anyone know where I can start looking or what test I can do here the thing that AutoZone printed out is the evaporator purge cylinder. Could that failing cause the symptoms im getting.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
I would definitely get the code numbers. Often, the scanners at the auto parts store won't give accurate descriptions or causes. Code numbers are more useful. Not sure if EVAP issues could cause that. I would lean more towards a cam or crank sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts