VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I found a lead on Golf-GTI, Jetta OEM Bosch HID lights complete with the Ballast attached to the light (not the old style like PG Performance sells).... They are right around $1300.. what do you guys think?? They are not the self leveling but they are what are coming on the BORA right now in Germany... Everywhere else is $1600 with the old style (ballast that mounts under fender wells)... I think this is a steal anyone interested?? maybe i can get a Group Buy of 10 or more down to $1200???

[Modified by ItsDchz, 3:20 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (ItsDchz)

Stuart (Boostin20v) is trying to setup a similar sell. However, this is the first I've heard about these new OEM HID's that are supposed to be different from the ones before.
How are they different? What advantages did this new design add? How about the adapter?
Someone please clarify!

Count in shipping for $1200 and I'll start saving my money. I should be ready to pay up by the end of this year!

[Modified by 2001Bora, 6:27 PM 11-29-2001]

[Modified by 2001Bora, 6:28 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
256 Posts

I'm very interested. What is the part number for the newer sytle golf lights?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to wait to see if Roger starts selling them again?
Unless that price includes shipping and the adapter, that might be better.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (Evensnowdies)

I haven't heard about this ballasts attached to the lights OEM HID before, but I do remember Roger Moore saying there is a few companys selling the HID with OEM light housing and aftermarket Phillips ballast attached to the housing for a little cheaper than the full OEM units.
Lee, I don't know what your source is, but are you sure the balllasts are OEM but not some aftermarket add-on? If they ARE full OEM, $1200 is a steal! I will be very very interested!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (nate1.8t)

I know these are brand new, if roger is going to be able to do better great, but the difference here is the actual ballast is mounted from the factory on the light itself just like the passat lights... you dont have to worry about running wires or such like the old ones that i had....

[Modified by ItsDchz, 8:12 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Registered
25,085 Posts

Yes 2001Bora is correct, I am trying to set up a group buy with the place I purchased my HIDs from in Germany. Price may be a little cheaper than 1200, I am seeing what I can do. As far as I know these lights will be the "older" style with the separate balast -- I dont see how that makes a difference though...
Stu

·
Registered
7,873 Posts

Need pics ItsDchz... Pics... they do miracles!!! Show ur items and we will show u our doe!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (Boostin20v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yes 2001Bora is correct, I am trying to set up a group buy with the place I purchased my HIDs from in Germany. Price may be a little cheaper than 1200, I am seeing what I can do. As far as I know these lights will be the "older" style with the separate balast -- I dont see how that makes a difference though...
Stu[HR][/HR]​
The "newer style" will obviously be easier to install than the original ones, but if I can save a couple hundreds getting the original ones, I don't care sweating a little more for the install. Keep us updated, my HID men!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

I can do that. Just let me know when you are ready to go and I am in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (ryan888)

For $1200 OEM HID for a 02 Jetta IV? I'm in! But like everyone else, we need details.... adapters and all?

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (vw2.0gti)

adaptors are custom made by Roger Moore, so unless you get it from him your doing it yourself....
Stu

·
Registered
25,085 Posts

oh here is the cool thing with the group buy I am working out --- NO MINUMUM NEEDED!!!
Stu

·
Banned
517 Posts
I think we need $1200 shipped full OEM plug and play inclduing everything we need to put them on. Then I would be in and we would get 10 people easy... Let's do it, it'd be AWESOME and that price IS a steal...

·
Registered
25,085 Posts

I dont get it, some one (either myself or ItsDchz) try to set up a group buy that saves vortexers about 600+ dollars and you guys complain about it......1200 is a steal for these lights, they are damn amazing (I should know as I've got them...) -- so you pay 1200 for the lights and another 140 to Roger Moore for the adapter if he decides to keep making them and your still WAY under what they cost other places....
Stu

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

Hi guys, whats up here?
Lee B. hows it? Got a picture of these new Bora OEM HIDs? How about a part number? These must be so new that they haven't made it in the ETKA yet. Can't find them???
Guys yes I will be selling the adapters, and yes I will also be selling OEM parts from here in Georgia.
I am in a Hotel, closing on my house on 20 Dec 2001. After that I will settle a bit, have some friends over, and get back to business. See you maybe at my GTG.

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: Golf-GTI-JETTA Bosch OEM HID's for $1200, what do you think? (Roger Moore)

glad to hear everything is well with your move Roger.
Stu

·
Registered
239 Posts

Nice to meet you Roger,
When do you think that you will have the adaptors available and for what cost? These adapters will plug from the factory 9007 connector to the new ballast connector, correct?
Thanks for your info....

·
Registered
239 Posts

Boostin20v,
Please keep us updated on the HIDs please. Definately in for a pair...
thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

Roger you gotta come up to eurotech in marietta to show us your car man, id love to see it

1 - 20 of 374 Posts