VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay . . . I have yet to bitch about my car . . . so allow me to start . . oh . . right about . . . now:
This weekend I took a trip down to Lafayette, LA . . . about 3 hrs from my location. Saturday, I'm driving around town, and CEL pops up. I'm thinking "crap". There is no VW dealership in Lafayette, and I have to drive 3 hrs home on Sunday. I get out of the car and there is the odor of exhaust fumes coming heavily from my car . . . no problem . . . it's just the O2 sensor . . . . . . . . . the O2 sensor that I've already had fixed once.
Anyways, I drove back Sunday, getting the most ridiculous gas mileage . . . 250 miles on one tank in a 2.0 . .. 90% highway miles . . . I'm not completely positive that it's the O2 sensor, but is having the same smell, and behaviour that it had last time . . .
and to top it off . . . I also have an airbag light that popped up about 2 weeks ago.
So, my car has 6,500 miles on it and has been in for:
1. headliner falling off
2. broken weatherseal on drivers door
3. headliner falling off (again)
4. O2 sensor (I never got the recall notice . . . mine just malfunctioned)
5. Airbag and CEL light . . . diagnositics waiting.
Don't get me wrong . . . I love my car . . . but damn, this is annoying. I shouldn't know my Service Manager so well.
Onto the next thoughts:
I'm sure am glad I bought a manual Golf . . . because the auto Jetta I'm driving right now isn't all that . . . The auto is sluggish as hell . . . I don't know what to think of it. I also can't believe that people can sit in the back seats . . . I swear my 2dr has more room back there . . .
at least it is a VW rental . . .they almost pawned me off into a Mazda Protoge.
*needing VW love*

·
Registered
442 Posts
Re: Golf is in for service . . again . . . gotta Jetta rental . . . it's interesting. (Medvedik Jr)

My airbag light went on in my GTI last weekend. It's a two minute fix - I guess it's fairly common according to the service write up guy. They spray some funk in there and plug it back in.
Nice. Hey, I have some duct tape over here if you need it...remind me never to go back to a vw dealer for service.

·
Registered
22,720 Posts
Re: Golf is in for service . . again . . . gotta Jetta rental . . . it's interesting. (Medvedik Jr)

that sucks man. if you keep having the same problems over and over I'd say try another dealer.
I'm having ANOTHER issue with one of my keys though so we'll see what happens tomarrow afternoon.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Don't get me wrong . . . I love my car . . . but damn, this is annoying. I shouldn't know my Service Manager so well.[HR][/HR]​
It could be worse. Our Ford service rep knows the car model, year, license plate, and VIN just by hearing the sound of my wife's voice. As much as that car sucks, if VW had more service reps like this guy, I'd have absolutely no qualms about buying another VW.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Golf is in for service . . again . . . gotta Jetta rental . . . it's interesting. (landrumdh)

Well . . there is no other dealer within 3 hours . . . I'd have to drive to Dallas to find another one . . .
But, my dealer here is actually pretty good . . . they are nice guys, and I don't think they have ******** me yet . . .
Besides . . . one more time and I get a new car! Lemon Law baby!!

·
Registered
156 Posts

VWs in the shop is nothing new or surprising. I finally had enough of mine and bought a WRX. I wish you luck man...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.