VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How realistic/practical would it be to buy a base model Golf GL 2.0 and convert it into a VR6 24v twin turbo?
I know HPA does this for the Beetle. I am asking for a friend. IMHO this could be done for around $25k total--- does that sound realistic?
I am thinking, buy a base Golf for around $16k, then sell the 2.0 long block and drop in the 24v with twin K04 turbos. There should be cash left over for a quaife LSD and a suspension kit.
Am I way off base here, or could this be done for that kind of money. Does anyone have a more practical idea to build and evil Golf for around $25k.
It has to be new--- he does not want used. He would prefer a 2 door Golf, but 4 door could work.
What do you all think? Let's hear some ideas. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Golf IV conversion questions (Jamblastx)

$40k?
It can't be THAT expensive, can it?
I am asking for a friend. Basically he wants a f***ing EVIL FAST Golf. No body kit nonsense etc. No extras. Just a wicked powerful engine that you can drive daily, an LSD and practical suspension upgrades.
We want it to come in at around $25k +/-
Any ideas are welcome...

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Re: Golf IV conversion questions (KEITH)

For $25k, Dahlback racing will install "New E-proms in ECU, optimization of flow to intercooler, new turbo, exhaust manifold, wastegate, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, camshafts, crankshaft, piston rods, pistons, oil cooler, clutch, flywheel, air filter, modification of air filter housing and charge air hoses and pipes, extra engine mounts, modification of crank case breather, porting of cylinder head, 2 x race cats, stainless steel exhaust (turbo-back)." for a total of $25,050 for 420hp in the 1.8T
I don't know about costs for TTs in VR6s, but I expect it would be quite expensive to have someone do it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.