VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paris motor show displayed the e-Golf with digital instrument cluster panel and 9.2" center console info display. Rumors have it the Golf refresh will be unveiled in full at LA auto show in Nov. Does anyone think these will also be rolled out to the R at the same time as rest of line? Or will the US versions remain "lower spec" than their Euro counterparts once again?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Paris motor show displayed the e-Golf with digital instrument cluster panel and 9.2" center console info display. Rumors have it the Golf refresh will be unveiled in full at LA auto show in Nov. Does anyone think these will also be rolled out to the R at the same time as rest of line? Or will the US versions remain "lower spec" than their Euro counterparts once again?
My uneducated guess would be 2018 model, but i don't really follow VW's update convention. Do they follow a pattern?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but they are billing it as the 2017 refresh, so I presume they will begin rolling this out in Europe Q1 2017, so in theory the same features should be available in the US. It's VW though, so who the bleep knows?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Based on nothing at all, my guess is that the U.S. gets the cosmetic facelift when it rolls into the ROW product line but we do not get the premium tech options.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I'm delaying my order until I see/hear what the changes are (a power bump, the LCD dash, bumper changes, etc). Will probably order the next day (or wait for the refresh to be released).

·
Registered
658 Posts
In the USA we get the updates the following model year. So if the Golf refresh is slated for 2018 model year (EU), that'd be 2019 model year in the US.

With regards to the Golf R, we were lucky enough to get it here for the 2017 model year. Golf R/R32 has always been imported to the US on select years only. I really hope they continue to import them, but I wouldn't hold my breath :-/

·
Registered
256 Posts
In the USA we get the updates the following model year. So if the Golf refresh is slated for 2018 model year (EU), that'd be 2019 model year in the US.

With regards to the Golf R, we were lucky enough to get it here for the 2017 model year. Golf R/R32 has always been imported to the US on select years only. I really hope they continue to import them, but I wouldn't hold my breath :-/
I'm pretty sure the R has been an every year car since the MKVI in North America. Unless sales drop (and I doubt it given how popular awd hot hatches have become) I think it's safe to say it's here to stay.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm pretty sure the R has been an every year car since the MKVI in North America. Unless sales drop (and I doubt it given how popular awd hot hatches have become) I think it's safe to say it's here to stay.
VW has stated repeatedly that they intend it to be a regular model in the US. Limited numbers, however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts