VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder what that would cost us in the U.S. And if all the coding is doable with vcds or if it would need new modules or something else as well. Definitely interesting though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm also curious about the new center infotainment screen, that would also be a nice upgrade for us guys that still have the 6.5 inch display.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Cluster swap...brings me back to my 2002 MK4 Jetta 1.8t and swapping in that GLI cluster. SKC codes, adding temp sensor and that extra wiring into the smallest wiring pins...

So satisfying when I was done though. One of my favorite mod and most involving mods. I'm sure swapping these clusters will need some sort of unlock software. I'm interested to know what's involved.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Would very much like to be able to put this in. Google Maps navigation straight in front of you would be great.

Although in terms of cost, worth remembering that car tax in Singapore is in effect somewhere in the region of 200-300%, so making updates at pretty much any cost is still far less expensive than getting a new car.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I guess I'm just old school, but I prefer the analog cluster.

It's funny because sooner or later making a graphical display will actually be cheaper than an analog one. Once all econo-cars get graphical displays then everyone will want analog;)

Having used digital gauges before my brain still thinks analog gauges are easier to read at a glance...especially during "spirited" driving. But as technology advances they might be able to overcome this with higher resolution, refresh rates, and displays with better contrast and blacks such as OLED.

BTW. there was a guy in China who did the gauge swap a few months ago on Facebook and he confirmed that Component Protection had to be overcome.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts