VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm just gonna go straight to the point. I have a Golf MK4 in which the interior center light only works sometimes, while the side ones do not work at all. My driver side courtesy light comes on whenever the door is open and the car is beeping if I leave the headlights on, but the passenger side does not register to be opened, nor the interior lights come on. My suspicion regarding the passenger door is that the door lock is faulty. However, I do not have any idea for the interior light to not be working completely.
I do not know if this is relevant, but I have the EU version and it is also a 5 door.
If anything is unclear please let me know!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone! I'm just gonna go straight to the point. I have a Golf MK4 in which the interior center light only works sometimes, while the side ones do not work at all. My driver side courtesy light comes on whenever the door is open and the car is beeping if I leave the headlights on, but the passenger side does not register to be opened, nor the interior lights come on. My suspicion regarding the passenger door is that the door lock is faulty. However, I do not have any idea for the interior light to not be working completely.
I do not know if this is relevant, but I have the EU version and it is also a 5 door.
If anything is unclear please let me know!
I forgot to mention that the central locking system works completely fine, even the key fob remote presents no issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like passenger door lock module is faulty. You can confirm with VCDS. I'll be doing mine at soon, have the same issue.
Well yeah but the problem still remains that the interior light and also now the left door courtesy lights and trunk light don't always work, although the headlight beep when the door is opened works every time. Maybe an electrical short or problems with the comfort module?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like the interior center light might have a loose connection. Contact isn't 100% therefore it only works sometimes. Are the bulbs burnt out on the side ones - do they ever work? As for the passenger side, seems like a faulty sensor (door lock?) and that's why it's not registering when you open the door / the interior lights don't come on.

What have you done for troubleshooting so far?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The side bulbs are new. I also thought that it may be a loose
Sounds like the interior center light might have a loose connection. Contact isn't 100% therefore it only works sometimes. Are the bulbs burnt out on the side ones - do they ever work? As for the passenger side, seems like a faulty sensor (door lock?) and that's why it's not registering when you open the door / the interior lights don't come on. What have you done for troubleshooting so far?
The side bulbs are new. I also thought that it may be a loose contact so I disassebled the whole circuit, cleaned it with an electronics cleaner and put it back together but it still does not work. Also checked the door panel cables and they are not ruptured or even scratched. At this point I'm out of ideas and I am open to anything!

·
Registered
1999 Golf GTI 2.slow, 2000 Beetle GLS 2.slower, 2001 Golf GTI 1.8t
1,091 Posts
Might be solder joints cracks in the CCM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts