VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get my car on the road, its my daily driver and i just swapped a 16v in it. the 8v exhaust is gone. so im stuck with no exhaust from header back. Impossible to drive

well, i just picked up a o2 i can use, i have 2.25 TT cat to muffler. now i also have a "focuz" muffler thats off a buddies mk2 golf
now, im not going for looks, just something to use for a week till i get my magnaflow.
wat can i do to make it work,
just bolt it as it would sit on a golf
cut the tail pipes and get longer pipes . they are dual and angled up in the end so i cant just connect pipes.
or run no muffler

ps. i saw a auto store sells these aluminum flexible tubbing so i can mount as a golf and just use the tubbing to get the exhuats out from under the trunk

Modified by mistercheeks at 10:35 PM 8-18-2009

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Re: golf muffler on a jetta temporarily ok? (mistercheeks)

Well if you are only running it for a week then just bolt it on as it would sit, it doesn't need to fully make it out the rear of your car..

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i was hoping to hear
i have a 250 mile trip this weekend, i hope its not loud enuff to annoying my mom haha

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (ReStoring)

Quote, originally posted by ReStoring »
Give a 90 degree bend and have a sweet temporary side-exit.

id prolly want to shot myself
this thing is louder then my friends mustang with a cracked header

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.