VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I just finished installing fog lights on my 2017 R. used a gti fog light wiring harness, morimoto X8 fog lights and obd11 for coding it. Still working out some bugs (one fog light doesn't turn on).
Do you have the fog light wiring harness part number? and did you figure out the coding? Curious about this...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would, I just have no idea how to post pictures to this forum!
There are a few ways I think.

1) Click the "insert image" button below

Which brings up the "drop image or click here" popup where you can just drag the picture from your desktop onto the pop up box or, when you click the box, it opens up the file explorer where you can browse to your picture and select it.

2) I have a program called Greenshot which allows me to take screen grabs of pictures and copy them to the clipboard and I just position the cursor in the reply I'm typing and I press CTRL-V to insert it.

All those methods work easiest.

You can also link to an image on Photobucket or maybe your Google drive or Dropbox but those are more difficult methods. The two I use are quicker and easier.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
hrrrrrm, that looks pretty good. here's hoping you can figure out the wiring demons. I hate electrical issues =\

shark -

·
Registered
443 Posts
That looks pretty good actually. The only problem is that's blocking a lot of airflow to the side intercoolers and potentially blocking the brake vents. Have you had any heat issues at all?

EDIT: Just noticed you said yours is a GSW with the R bumper....well then, power to you that looks really good then. For us R owners I don't think we have any options to block of the side vents without repercussions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yup Golf R’s actually have useful stuff going on behind those ducts. Not so much on the GSW.

Another similar retrofit would be possible using the slim fog lights from the Seat Cupra 300 or Golf 6R in the upper opening of the R-line fog delete covers, to take up less real estate. Would involve the same type of dremeling/plastic welding but could wire it up like we did with stock functionality via an OEM harness & OBD11/VCDS coding. Hella manufactures the Seat lamps.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts