VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read earlier that someone was trying to achieve LED winking on their Golf R. I was wondering if someone could explain what this was in greater detail. From what I understand this is when the LED bar will dim slightly along side the turn signal, correct?

If this is the case, has someone figured out how to do this in VAG?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
On the side the blinker is activated on, the LED DRL will shut off- not dim. Upon switchback, the LED DRL will turn back on.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Its funny cause this is a feature Audi Owners have form the factory and most that tune/work on their cars have the feature disables, where as we don't have the feature so some like it and some don't. Similar to GTI's & Golf's and fogs for Corner, some like it some don't.
Every time I see an Audi with the turn signal on, it looks like their DRL is broken / out. I couldn't be happier that the R does not have this feature.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Its funny cause this is a feature Audi Owners have form the factory and most that tune/work on their cars have the feature disables, where as we don't have the feature so some like it and some don't. Similar to GTI's & Golf's and fogs for Corner, some like it some don't.
It is really stupid of Audi owners to turn this feature off. Because the DRL is so close to the turn signal, turning off the DRL makes it much easier for others to see the turn signal. Without it, the turn signal and DRL sort of blend together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Has anyone successfully enabled this in vagcom for the Golf R? If so, what bits, bytes, megabytes, gigabytes, chomps, and swallows need to be changed for this to work?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Has anyone successfully enabled this in vagcom for the Golf R? If so, what bits, bytes, megabytes, gigabytes, chomps, and swallows need to be changed for this to work?
I have it turned on on mine. I like it, personally.

I don't remember the exact coding, but I think this should point you in the right direction. This is for a GTI, apparently, but it should be similar. You'll definitely see the option in VCDS, though. It's in the Central Electronics module: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=536430&postcount=10

(sent via mobile)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I should probably also mention that I didn't have to change my instrument stuff to ROW (at least, not that I remember). I just checked the box labeled "Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) inactive when Turn Signal Active" or similar under Central Electronics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The full monty incl RoW:

Dim the DRLs when indicating
This is how you do it...
First you need to go into 17- Instruments then long coding helper and change you country to anything other than USA. I set mine to RoW.

Once coding is accepted, you need to go to 09-Cent. Elect. long coding and find the check box (forgot the byte) that says "disable DRL when turn signal active" or something like that. Once that is done, your LEDs should behave like ones in the posted video.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, it is funny. Have this feature on my S4, really don't like it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The LED DRL shuts off, it does not dim. I've had this feature on my R since I've owned it basically.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dont mean to bump this, but does anyone have the VAG codes to enable this feature? Thank you
Post #10 above (mine) explains

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.