VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Rear differential should be every 30k or 3 years, and for transmission oil I am not 100% sure, I will check with a friend and see what his documentation says as hes a service guy.
Does anyone know for sure what the schedule is for trans and diff fluid. I am positive the Haldex is 30K. I have seen some posts online saying VW claims diff and trans are lifetime and it is not listed in the maintenance schedule. I reviewed the following post on how to do some changes but it seems like they are being done out of diligence, not need.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone know for sure what the schedule is for trans and diff fluid. I am positive the Haldex is 30K. I have seen some posts online saying VW claims diff and trans are lifetime and it is not listed in the maintenance schedule. I reviewed the following post on how to do some changes but it seems like they are being done out of diligence, not need.
When I had my last alignment done at Naples VW I asked the service manager, as I was picking up Haldex fluid at that time as well. He stated that even though VW doesn't recommend a change, they recommend it at 50k intervals for the trans and the differential units. Their reasoning wasn't based upon any kind of wear or issues that they had seen, but more that it was solid insurance and fluid is cheap. He was including TT-S, R32, and Golf R, basically anything with a Haldex equipped AWD system, in that recommendation. For what it's worth they've always been helpful and even worked with me to get the exact alignment settings that I asked for.
I changed my trans fluid and Haldex fluid at 40k. I'll be doing the diffs at 50k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello all,

I have a question, is Haldex every 30k miles? or every 3 years? Question is one part of the pdf shows it at every 30k mile intervals while at the bottom says 3 years regardless of miles.

Main Reason asking is i just started long commute 90% of miles are done through Highways. I am about to reach 60kmiles but my last haldex service was done @ 30K 1yr 6months ago. Not sure to wait or do it now

Thank You,

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have a question, is Haldex every 30k miles? or every 3 years? Question is one part of the pdf shows it at every 30k mile intervals while at the bottom says 3 years regardless of miles.

Main Reason asking is i just started long commute 90% of miles are done through Highways. I am about to reach 60kmiles but my last haldex service was done @ 30K 1yr 6months ago. Not sure to wait or do it now

Thank You,
Whichever comes first, in your case 30k miles happened first. The 3year is most likely due to some people like myself may only drive 10-12k miles per year while some may drive even less, while for those who drive often they would rather save your haldex vs possibly have a problem with old fluid/used fluid and possible Debris from wear and tear.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.