VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Golf-R w/328 HP - But FUGLY Wheels

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  HughEv 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I thought there were rumors of the R getting a different wing or a bigger wing on the back. Doesn't look that different than say the GTI. Not that I mind as this would be a "company" car for me, and having it be less flashy is a positive. Cant show up in a "boy racer" looking car and expect to get work.

Wheels are.... well.... different? Guess the aftermarket group got together and chipped in a lot of money for VW to develop ugly wheels so everyone will go aftermarket. Interestingly enough, these were the wheels that were on the Golf when it was revealed to the world. Or at least they appear to be.

#4 ·
Well looks like the pret's will live on for another generation lol
The Spielberg/Englishtowns were such a great miss, I m surprised they still want to keep going down this path.

Rest of the car, I think I decided I am buying out my R, and going to wait and see what the MK8 comes. The GTI reviews have been great, and the seats which I hate in my MK7.5 look like a nice upgrade! A lot of the new upgrades look good too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.